More threads by Dustybones

Reaction score
We have a client with two locations in different cities. We have created and verified each business location in Google. Google, however, continues to create a personal Doctors page for both locations. We have made several attempts to report the problem with little success. We have triple checked each business page for completeness and errors. Everything seems to look good.

A couple questions:

1. Do we just claim the Dr. page Google is preferring?
2. Do we rip our hair out?

After further research I am finding that all Maps (bing, Google, Mapquest etc) are confused about this particular area. Im guessing that changing Mapmaker locations might help. We have run into this issue before.

Hi Dusty, I've done a ton of posts about this and how to handle.

DON'T CLAIM.

Google will no longer remove practitioner listings and it can cause you to lose reviews as well as ranking if you do it wrong.

I wrote up a strategy for dealing with the ranking problem below. All the consultants that have tried it tell me it works well.

Read both in detail BOTTOM ONE 1st.

Search Results practitioner duplicates - Google Places Optimization Blog

Then there are lots of other posts about the issue inside this thread too.
Dr. Dupes and Google+ Local User Edits

Thanks Linda. I have been looking into this more. The listing that Google is creating is the correct location. Our verified location on the map is wrong. We noticed that our address was missing the Suite number, so we have added that to our verified hoping it will help. All and all, the actual building is on a different street, but the mailing address and business address show another street name. Its a confusing area. I will look over what you have provided. Thanks again.

What I shared above was purely about having one practice listing PLUS one or more Dr listings and how to manage.

If your location data is wrong or whatever, that's a totally different issue on top.

Thanks again for the strategies Linda. We have been pretty much doing these with practices with multiple locations and had great success. We see results within a few days sometimes. In this case, we are going to change the info the the landing pages and categories (we keep changing these and that's another sore in my back) that Google is wanting. If that doesn't work move on to Strategy 2... Cheers!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom