More threads by JoshuaMackens

JoshuaMackens

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was looking for a nice Wordpress widget to show and rotate Google reviews and then I stumbled upon RichPlugins — Perfect WordPress plugins.

The only thing I don't like is that it only shows the first 5 Google reviews if I am reading it correctly.

Has anyone used these guys?

Does anyone have another, better alternative?

Thanks for posting this - I wasn't aware of it previously but I'll give it a test run.

According to the site, it's not the first 5 Google reviews but the "5 most helpful reviews" - not sure how they determine that.

Thanks for posting this - I wasn't aware of it previously but I'll give it a test run.

According to the site, it's not the first 5 Google reviews but the "5 most helpful reviews" - not sure how they determine that.

I think it's determined by Google. By default they show the "5 most helpful reviews" on a Google listing.

It also looks like the plugin will pull the reviews in and store them in a database so as you get more reviews and the "5 most helpful reviews" change, you'll add more and more reviews to your database, allowing you to have more than 5.

I emailed just to make sure.

Thanks for sharing this. I'm definitely going to do some more research on this.

I got a reply back and it was as I expected. They pull the 5 "most helpful" reviews and then store them in a database so as your review collection grows, so will your database of reviews as Google switches in and out the reviews.

No one has an alternative by the way?

Good find. I have been connecting clients with Podium for the last couple years and they give us a "recent reviews" embed code.

This might be a good solution on how to showcase plugins for clients not using Podium.

Do you have any website examples where you've been using it? Would like to see how it looks.

I don't yet. I'm on the fence about purchasing because I definitely want to check out alternatives first.

I'll check out Podium for sure.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom