More threads by Brian.Hastie

Brian.Hastie

Reaction score
Hi all,

Long-time lurker, first-time poster.

One of our locations (which you can find here) is having a bit of an issue with regards to (what we believe to be) legacy data in Google Reviews. When sorting reviews through the Sort by: Newest filter, we have a review from two months ago as the top one. It's been there at the top for a few days, despite there being numerous newer reviews.

We track negative reviews in an effort to ensure proper follow-up and to create a better customer experience, and this review had been removed about a month ago by the person who had posted it after we managed to remedy their problems.

Ideally, given that it's a negative review, we would love for this to be either removed (as was the case originally), or at the very least properly ranked when it comes to filtering by Newest.

Any tips/avenues on how I can go about addressing this issue?

@Brian.Hastie, there's not much you can do other than keep flagging the review. Sad to say.

But I'm curious:

1. Did the reviewer edit his review (as far as you can tell)?

2. Does that business have another location? (I wonder whether the review got transferred from another one listing to the current listing.)

Hey Phil,

Thanks for the reply!

1 - The reviewer did not edit his review. We keep offline copies of our reviews and I compared both, and they were identical in terms of content/spacing/etc. Also, in cases where reviews have been edited, I've seen the new edit date attributed to it when it does get bumped up.

2 - This business does not have another location.

I guess I'll keep bothering Google, in that case.

Brian,

That does seem pretty buggy. If you want to create a thread about it at the GMB forum, I'd be happy to escalate it to Google for you.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom