More threads by Mike Wilton

Reaction score
Google+ Local Conversion Generating "We currently do not support the location." Error

Just an FYI in case anyone else is experiencing this:

I am working with a client who verified their local listing in the old Google Places dashboard earlier this month. After being live for a short time we discovered that the listing wasn't generating any data in the dashboard. Upon further investigation I discovered that when we clicked through to the listing it displayed the infamous "We currently do not support the location." We contacted Google support and were told that the issue was as a result of the account being upgraded to the new Google+ dashboard.

In the end the response was, "Your patience with the upgrade process is greatly appreciated. You can learn more about our plans for Google+ upgrade in this article: http://support.google.com/business?p=plus_upgrade"

It's unfortunately because we finally got the listing live after sending multiple postcards to the branch, but hopefully we'll see the new dashboard soon.

Re: Google+ Local Conversion Generating "We currently do not support the location." E

Thanks Mike for letting us know.

Slightly confused though.

You mentioned upgrade to new dash twice and specifically said: "We contacted Google support and were told that the issue was as a result of the account being upgraded to the new Google+ dashboard."

However the link support gave you was about the auto-upgrade to Google+ which is a totally different issue and is brand new.

Just announced last week. Here is the announcement:
Google Begins Auto-Upgrade of G+ Local Listings to Google+ Business Pages

So can you clarify for me? Is it the upgrade to the new dash that's the problem or the upgrade to G+ that's the problem? They are separate issues because many are being upgraded to the new dash, but not yet to G+. On the other hand there are many that already had the new dash, that may just be getting upgraded to G+. Just trying to figure out which one is really the culprit?

Re: Google+ Local Conversion Generating "We currently do not support the location." E

My apologies Linda, you're right. I was assuming it was a dash issue based off of something I read in the first email response from Google, but looking again it is in fact that they are upgrading the listing. That said, I am curious to know how that's going to work since there are multiple listings in this account and it is only affecting one location.

Thanks for checking and clarifying Mikem that's what I assumed based on the link in the email they sent you.

So are you saying they have multiple locations in the account and only one is being upgraded? Or are you saying one location and multiple practitioners? I assume multiple locations due to the fact that you said "this branch."

Which brings up another question. Because all along they've said multi-location businesses were not supported as far as merging with G+? Maybe that was just regarding the old manual way of merging.
Now it seems each Place page will just upgrade to G+ regardless of how many locations???

But it seems like some brands want a single social brand page... so not sure how that will work.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom