Google + local page and home address issue

dani

I have the following issue with a client. He verified his Google + local page using his home address because he hasn`t an office. His services include Los ANgeles area and he wants to appear in google local results using keyword + LA. The home address that he verified is Redondo Beach, CA 90277.

I checked in Goofle local page the box
: "I deliver my goods and services to Los Angeles, CA 90001", but the home address is still appearing on his Google + local page. So how is correct to continue? Which address to use for other local directories Los Angeles, CA 90001 or his home address Redondo Beach, CA 90277

Scott Rawlins

His address is his address. If he wants to rank in LA, then he will have to get an office there in order to have the Local page rank. If not, then I would focus on organic rankings.

If you care to share a link to his Google+ page, I'm sure we all could take a look.

dani

Thanks for the reply Rawly. So I have to keep using the home address for local directories. I haven`t started optimizing for organic SEO, so you are right to optimize for that keyword.
Here is the google local

Linda Buquet

I checked in Goofle local page the box [/FONT][/COLOR]: "I deliver my goods and services to Los Angeles, CA 90001", but the home address is still appearing on his Google + local page. So how is correct to continue? Which address to use for other local directories Los Angeles, CA 90001 or his home address Redondo Beach, CA 90277
The address MUST be hidden. You are just missing a setting. Setting depends on which dashboard you have. Do you know how to tell if it's the old or new one? Has he been upgraded? Once you let me know I can tell you the right settings.

But Scott is right. Setting service area for LA won't do any good at all to help rank in LA. It will just put his map marker in LA. Plus will visually show service area on maps IF a customer even know how to check that. And it now shows in Knowledge panel too. BUT he won't rank in LA.

Only chance is to rank in Redondo, if it's a competitive market.

Oops was assuming plumber or something but that's more niche. There is a slight chance he could rank. BUT I'm not seeing Google even throwing a pack for what I'm guessing are the main KWs.

BUT I can't check the main KWs because the site is not listed on the G+ L page.
Were you aware website is missing?

dani

Hi Linda, I am aware that the website and email are missing I added them right now. The dashboard is the new one, I guess, where on the left side are appears Listing/Reviews/Adwords Express/Google+page/Insights. I don`t see where to hide the address.

You are right that their is no pack for keyword+LA. But I noticed that in some local directories the address is "Los Angeles, CA 90001" instead of "Redondo Beach, CA 90277". So maybe I have to update the address with Redondo Beach, CA 90277 even this is the home address. I am confused how to handle this.

Colan Nielsen

Administrator

Keenan Glass

I would use the home address for the local directories. And update the ones that show 90001.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...

Local University Guide

Google Product Exert