More threads by Eric Rohrback

A couple consultants started new threads about this latest change so I merged them into one here:

New Update to Google Local Cover Photos

Since this I think is all part of the same update with just new elements rolling out I might merge those 2 into this one. But for now it's over there.

Here is a great example I posted in that thread of an awesome looking page.

UpdateGP.jpg

And as I said there: It's like Christmas around here! Every time you turn around there is something new to open and play with! Pretty exciting!

UpdateGP.jpg

ok. You can delete this Linda....jumping the gun before I read other posts...When will I learn ;)

Google+.jpg

Dusty, I think we should leave your above post up as it is a great example of the new page layout.

Plus, the profile photo on it is priceless :D

I pretty much get the two column layout unless I expand the browser to full screen.

The problem is the aspect ratio of the cover image is different in two column. 3:2 vs 16:9 for three columns. So, if you uploaded a cover to max size previously (2120 x 1192px), you could be cutting off important parts of the image for those who are viewing two columns.

I think you're better off re-sizing the image to make sure the important elements are centered and fit within the allotted area for the two column layout (1788 x 1192px).

See if this helps...

New G+ Cover Size.jpg

New G+ Cover Size.jpg

Is it just me or is anyone else seeing the new layout for a non-merged local page not showing the map today? This is not my client, but just happened to notice it. It's the same for me in both IE and FF. 11-14-2013 3-07-18 PM.jpg

11-14-2013 3-07-18 PM.jpg

Is it just me or is anyone else seeing the new layout for a non-merged local page not showing the map today?

You just can't see it because it's printed with invisible ink. You need a secret decoder monitor.

Oh noozer Scott. It's not just the listing map...
You broke Google maps even on the main search page!!!

Missing Map - We have a problem!

broken map.jpg

That's happening for me for all searches in FF and Chrome.

I'm sure it's a temporary glitch and something this major will be fixed soon.
If not I'll let Jade know.

broken map.jpg

Mama always said if you're going to do something, do it right! I hope this is a temp glitch.

Kennan - if I get the monitor, does the ring come with it?:)

Mama always said if you're going to do something, do it right! I hope this is a temp glitch.

Kennan - if I get the monitor, does the ring come with it?:)

Ya Keenan is always good for a twofer deal!

Think it's fixed.

Scott can you check that specific listing? I can't see what city it's in but checked other ones from that chain and they are fine.

That particular one is still not right, but a couple of clients I checked earlier seem to be back with the map and some don't. Maybe it's just a slow process and it's working its way through. Who knows!

Scott, there you are! You have a face. A handsome one at that! :p

Ya things are a little rocky right now. My spidey senses are still tingling, telling me there is more on the way... (Of course one would not need to be psychic or have the inside scoop to predict more changes are coming I guess.) :p

Well, you are certainly too kind with that comment, but thank you.;) Figured it was time to my face with a name (as much as it pains me to do so).

And I agree, something's up. Can't wait, or maybe I can, to see what's next.

We are definitely going to have to resize our image to work within the 3:2 aspect ratio, as we have text that is now getting cut off when the page is viewed on laptop computers. Honestly, this is a bit of a challenge, & I wish the size of the image would remain stable. I wonder if this is a bug?

It might be a bug, I don't seem to have the issue on my Profile page, just the business pages.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom