Google+ Local Pages are Indexed - Backlink them? SEO them?

Linda Buquet

Adam is making some really good points. (Except don't do reviews for clients or try to get customers to stuff them - the spam review filters are super strict lately).

Then Mike Blumenthal weighs in with more points about how the upcoming merge will change things and after it we'll have all the room we want for indexable content.

Good read!

<a href="http://www.nightlitemedia.com/2012/07/google-local-pages-are-indexed-so-what/">Google+ Local Pages are Indexed: So What?</a>

So my TIP: Google+ Local pages are indexed in a way Google Places pages never were. You now need to think of everything on your places page like a website. The title is indexed. The description is indexed. The reviews are indexed. Every word counts. Finally, like a website, build backlinks to it. Test, test and test some more. Push the boundaries people!
Go read the rest, then come back to discuss.

What do you think?

Hmm,

I'd be a little worried to build backlinks to a Google property... because technically- Google could view this as artificial.

That being said, show me results, and I'll jump on board! :D

Jo Shaer

Forum Member
I'd say 'dont do nuffink yet'. It's all very well trying to pre-empt and get ahead of the game but, since it's quite clear that even Google doesn't know what is going to happen, it would be foolhardy to start doing anything in bulk - especially if you'll then be run ragged trying to undo it all in a couple of weeks...
Since the UK will be officially closed for business over the next couple of weeks due to an event - unless you're McDonalds, Coke, Heineken or one of the other official sponsors - I guess wait and see is really the only option for us :)

Local Search Forum

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe

Google Product Exert

@LocalSearchLink

Join Our Facebook Group