Google Maps Showing Business Logo?

Dan Foland

Local Search Expert
I saw this thread on the GMB forum and was curious if others are seeing business logos showing up in Google Maps?

I don't recall seeing this myself and can't replicate the results. Is this a test, or have I just missed it?

IMO if it is a test I hope it isn't rolled out fully. These icons are far too small to be helpful.

Dan Foland

Local Search Expert
Unfortunately, I don't have the search query. I took the screenshot from this thread.

Although, I tried a variety of queries including branded and non-branded to try to replicate the results and I haven't had any success.

djbaxter

Administrator
Sorry. Ignore that. I thought it was showing the Shopper's logo but that's just the generic drug store marker. I get the same one for Rexall.

MattPelkey

Forum Member
I think @JoyHawkins is right. I've seen several of them and they all have ads running. I've also tried on both desktop and mobile and have only seen them show up on mobile as @Margaret Ornsby pointed out.

Here's a WalMart:

Margaret Ornsby

Local Search Expert
Thx @JoyHawkins & @MattPelkey, that does make sense.
There is no ad in the way Joy's screen shows, but there is the way Matt shows. Didn't see it yesterday but that could be b/c it was the end of the day & had kids running in & out of the office...

Local Search Forum

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe

Google Product Exert

@LocalSearchLink

Join Our Facebook Group