More threads by Amanda Putney

Amanda Putney

Reaction score
Good morning!

Has anyone else had a different map show up when searching for the company by the address vs. the company name? The address and map placement are correct in GMB. If I search the name of the company in the city, the correct map pin appears as well.

However, if you search by the location's address, a completely different address appears, which is a home.

Our client has been submitting "suggest an edit" updates for the pin placement but hasn't had success with the pin moving.

Happy to provide more information but thought it may be more frequent and just my first time encountering.

Thank you!

Can you provide screenshots of the problem? It'd be helpful in figuring out what's going on.

One thing to note, Google My Business operates on top of Google Maps, there could be issues with Maps that are causing problems with GMB. Have they tried suggesting the edit through Google Maps?

I don't know if this is what's happening here, but screenshots may provide some more insight.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom