Google Maps Spam Fighting - Edits Not Approved - Solution?

JoshuaMackens

Local Search Expert
Are there any solutions to get edits approved that are "pending" or "not applied"?

For "pending" would it help if others with authority in Maps also made the same edit?

For "not applied", what should we do?

Also, random question, I've read that your local guide level/points do help you get edits approved more and also read they don't. What's the truth?

@JoyHawkins @BenFisher

JoshuaMackens

Local Search Expert
Got it, I read in one of your articles that as per a Google clarification you should no longer submit for name spam but suggest an edit. And then the other article mentioned the same Google clarification but that you should try to suggest an edit first and then if that doesn't work, escalate.

So I will do that.

Thanks guys!

Also, one last question, do you not receive points for editing names anymore? I'm still at my normal point value after editing a ton of names and getting them approved.

JoshuaMackens

Local Search Expert
That's what I thought. Maybe it just updates slowly or I didn't pay enough attention. I'll keep a better lookout!

I am having a problem and I believe it might be because I have used the redressal form with my same Google account that I use for my business. I report other plumbers who are have their home address listed on Google and they never get taken down. I submit pictures of the house with the labelled van in the driveway. I submit screenshots of the state tax records showing that address to be a single family residence only, along with the owner's name being the same as the company name. A plumber is clearly a service area business. But the listing remains.

Even worse, there is another SAB plumbing company company that has 5 different listing on Google Local, each showing an address. One is their real shop, the other 4 are the employees home and one is a mosque. I submitted lots of evidences showing that each one is not the business, that they are not open for business, etc. But they are all still up there.

I read in a a great article by one of the members here that I was not supposed to submit the images where the redressal form asks for images (I'm not sure if that is why nothing is happening) so maybe that is where I went wrong. Or maybe Google just disregards everything from me since I am competition.

What do I do? make up a fake account to submit it? Just to be clear, these are all blatant violations that I am talking about, I am not trying to attack all competitors for no reason, I just want a level playing field.

Ok, I will do that. But first I just want to mention that this will be the 3rd time I am reporting them. Should I use a different Google account? Could this start to hurt my own rankings?

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...

Local University Guide

Google Product Exert