More threads by petrakraft

Reaction score
I have activated GMB messaging for a client but I have no idea how the notification after a message would work or could be activated. The messages can only be read in the GMB app but there is nowhere a possibility to make a connection to a mobile phone number or an email? Any thoughts?

Not sure if this is what you are wanting to know. But, after enabling, if your client has the GMB App, they will get a push notification that they have a new message and can find the message in the GMB Mobile App. There are no email notifications.

petrakraft, If you're frustrated that Google changed from using SMS to a proprietary, mobile-only app, to containing all messaging, join the club. I've been seeing a lot of agencies that are happy about this change, but my customers tell me that they don't want to have to log in to yet another app to get communications from customers, let alone the fact that they can't get the messages on a desktop.

One other frustration I have is that when an owner or manager responds, it comes from them personally, not the business.

One workaround that I'm suggesting my customers use is to edit the greeting message by stating that a text is the preferred way to communicate followed by adding a URL where users can text the business. It takes two taps to get them over to the texting app. I'm a big fan of Textline.

Not sure if this is what you are wanting to know. But, after enabling, if your client has the GMB App, they will get a push notification that they have a new message and can find the message in the GMB Mobile App. There are no email notifications.
They don't get any push notification. I would like to know how a mobile phone number can be connected or added to get to "see" that push notification. Now they have to check the GMB Mobile App manually.

Is there a way one can receive an email, along with the app notification? For some reason I don't get a sound nor a buzz for the app notification, is this the way it's supposed to be? If so, notifications coming from the app are practically useless and I have to keep checking for messages constantly.

I read somewhere that email is not an option for these messages, but then why is there such option in the settings? It's enabled by default, but I haven't received any emails so far, although I've received a number of messages.

Email settings.png

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom