More threads by Brodie Clark

Brodie Clark

Reaction score
Hey, haven't posted in a while - thought I'd stop by and share a test I've seen appearing on and off.

Looks like Google has been testing the CTA's quite visibly on products that have been added to listings. First saw it appear back in June, but am seeing it more frequently now:

CTA.jpg

Anyone else seeing this at all?

Hey Brodie,

Yes this seems to be the new (current) norm. I love how it looks in the KP!

We are doing some testing internally at Sterling Sky to see how many interactions they actually get.

This is the first GMB feature that I've been excited about in a while.

Do we know yet if the Product (beta) is business category dependent? In other words, will this option appear for "Bedroom furniture store" as opposed to "Security system supplier?"

Noticed it for the first time this morning on our factory's dashboard. We're in the Oil & Natural Gas Company category.

I created two product collections for our core products. Next I created a 3rd product collection for a small product category. The text was copied off our website and product shots uploaded from an internal directory. Easy but time consuming. Really hope this becomes an uploadable file option like Shopping.

Here's a demo I made: https://youtu.be/uxJip5oG9ZA

I'd love to say this is another step in my brilliant online strategy. Honestly, the option just became available and it makes sense to try. AMSOIL INC is not a retailer. We manufacture our own products, have no stores and are on few retail shelves.

We started using it for a cheese manufacturer (haha, yes, we're in Wisconsin) and it looks fantastic.

With any Google free feature, if it gains traction, they tend to try and monetize. I got into Adwords later whereas my coworkers had more features for free for longer because they were early adopters. If there are no bugs my rule of thumb is to take advantage of these features.

I have a "Veterinarian" category client that has "Products" (unused/unneeded)
I have an "Stationery Shop" category client that does not have "Products" (Desired)

Kind of frustrating.

Hey Jay,

So it has nothing to do with categories in this instance. I added a section about this to my training last month which I'll share here:

There are lots of listings that don’t have the feature enabled and I’m still trying to get a straight answer from Google on what causes this. The current explanation is that it has something to do with G-Suite so if you have a Google account that uses G-Suite, it makes it so that the Products Beta isn’t available on the listing. Even after removing the account as a manager or owner, it still does not cause the products feature to appear. I’ll update this section when I get more information from Google on this.

The current explanation is that it has something to do with G-Suite so if you have a Google account that uses G-Suite, it makes it so that the Products Beta isn’t available on the listing.

That totally tracks. Stationer is GSuite. Vet is not.
I wonder if this could be influenced by the GSuite admin setting for opt-in access to Beta features. eg: This

Will investigate this evening.

Confirming that GSuite admin was set to allow new (Google) products.
Darn. Was hoping that'd be an insta-fix.

Screen Shot 2019-08-27 at 10.54.35 AM.png

Bummer. Thanks for letting us know.

I have an interesting case on the topic - 2 accounts, none of them using G-Suite, 2 businesses with the same category - Cocktail bar. One of them has Products beta in the GMB dashboard, the other one doesn't. The mystery remains.... how to trigger it to have it in both dashboards...

I don't think it's always related to G Suite but there is definitely a technical issue that is keeping some listings from having it.

Another interesting update from today in the GMB dashboard of a venue with Products Beta:

Product category descriptions are no longer being shown to customers and will be removed from the Product Editor after 1 January 2020. You can still give customers additional information by adding a description to individual products.

Well, well...

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom