Google Now Shows "Relocated To" in Google+ Local Listings

russofford

Forum Member
I just noticed that Google is showing a "Relocated To" message in Google+ Local listings.

I had previously reported a duplicate listing to Google and pointed out that the company moved to a new location (and I provided them with the link to the duplicate / new location, too.)

So in this case, instead of deleting the duplicate, they actually kept it live and referenced the G+ Local URL of the new location.

The message shows up in Google Maps, too.

Colan Nielsen

Administrator
Administrator
Hey Russ,

Google has been doing this for several months.

Normally you have to report a listing as closed to get that message to appear. It's interesting that you were able to get the same thing accomplished by reporting as a duplicate.

Once a G+ Local page is marked as such, it should only be discoverable by searching phone number or business name in Google Maps. It will no longer show up in the local SERP's for any keyword searches.

Linda Buquet

Yes Colin is right, they've been showing that messaging for some time.

I had previously reported a duplicate listing to Google and pointed out that the company moved to a new location (and I provided them with the link to the duplicate / new location, too.)

So in this case, instead of deleting the duplicate, they actually kept it live and referenced the G+ Local URL of the new location.
If it's a listing at an old address it's not considered a dupe. Dupe is same business, same location.

There are lots of related posting in the "Moving/Rebranding" section of the forum that cover how to move.

Speaking of moving... moving this post to that forum now.

Local Search Forum

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe

Google top contributor

@LocalSearchLink

Join Our Facebook Group