More threads by Linda Buquet

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: Google "Places" Robocall Scammer - Caught in Lies!

Awesome! You should turn that over to your state's Attorney General in charge of Consumer Protection. Good job!

OMG the wild wild west thx for sharing!

Unbelivable. Thank for sharing it Linda!!!

2 posts with more details about the scammers and other company names they use - were removed by request of the user that posted the info.

I went into this business in question to try and see if I can interact with someone there.

It's an office within a large building of other offices. Mainly made up of Attorneys and other consultants.
As I walked toward their door, it was already half way open so I peeked inside and was immediately hit with an aroma that smelled like marijuana. The lobby was very tiny with little room to stand.

There wasn't anyone manning the front desk but I did hear people from the space beyond that particular room. Sounded like they were having a blast with whatever they were doing back there.

For being in a commercial building I sure didn't get the sensation that they were very professional and cared much about people walking in.

They did happen to have a large Google partner stand up banner against the wall. Is Google handing those out to just anyone who fills out an application or what?

Thanks for the in person research Louis.

The post that was removed is some also from someone in San Diego that was worried about retaliation.

In the post he asked me to remove he mentioned 2 other names they go by.

But then he said they also use other SD marketing company's names, including the company he works for. That way when people complain about a telemarketing scam online they complain about the innocent business they were impersonating instead. So basically in that way it's less complaint for the scammers but damaging to the rep of their competition.

Is that low or what???

The owner on the LinkedIn page below has another site listed too. And that one has a Google Engage partner logo on it.

You would not even believe the owner's LinkedIn page. Snippet:

"So many times clients have been misinformed and misled all under false pretenses and unrealistic expectations. Our model is centered around a fiduciary responsibility to put our clients needs above our own."

Say what??? :(

We too encounter so many business owners that receive calls such as these. It is a pain to say the least, especially when you have you built up a rapport with your customer. I have always made sure that the business owners are aware that they might receive calls from companies representing themselves as "Google" and this has helped for sure!

Just received a similar call like this yesterday!

When I answered it was Terry (automated) informing me that my Google listing was not verified and that I we were missing all on hundreds of potential visitors. I could click 1 to speak with a Rep or 4 to be removed from the list.

I pressed 1 and the Rep begins to tell me the importance of having a verified listing on Google and that "We" can reboost your listing and others so that we can be on page 1. (At this point I was frantically trying to figure out how to record this.)

I asked who "We" was and she says "Our Company, I'm calling on behalf of our company that specializes in Local optimization and Page 1 rankings." So I asked who the company is b/c I wanted to ensure I was not actually speaking to a competitor.

She proceeds to tell me that she works for Local Lighthouse and that they are a direct provider to Google and can reboost our listing for $249. She confirms our address and phone number and asks if we have a website so I asked if it wasn't displayed on the listing that she claimed wasn't verified. A few stumbles and then she asks what we do. I said "similar to what you are trying to do...". A little pause and she says "SEO? Okay, well I did a search and it looks like you are listed as drum...drumbeat marketing....?" I said yes, thats our business name and she lets me know that we don't show up on page 1 for "SEO". I asked her how she was performing her search since the company is based in Tustin, CA and if she had performed an incognito search.

A little more stumbling and eventually says that she is searching the way everyone searches....ok? So I said "I just did a search for Local Lighthouse and I am getting Local Lighthouse scam..." She cut me off to let me know that they are a Google trusted provider and rank #1 for reviews (whatever that means) and have a 98% rating (whatever that means).

Then she tells me that it looks like everything is good and thanks me for my time.

And that was that. ha.

So, believe it or not, I got ANOTHER call from the same company!

Same automated "broadcast" informing me that our Places listing was not claimed and to press 1 to show up on page 1 rankings.

This time went a little differently, though. The rep asked about our address and if we were still located there. I answered and he asked if we would like to rank on page 1 for our services.

Me- "Page 1 of what?"
Rep- "Google, we specialize in ranking our clients on page 1"
Me- "What can you rank us for?"
Rep- "For SEO, web design, and other services you offer."
Me- "I thought you called to help me claim my unclaimed listing, thats what your automated character said..."
Rep- "Actually thats a broadcast and it looks like your Google Places listing is claimed."
Me- "Google Places? I don't think it's Google Places anymore. Sounds like that was more of a fraudcast than a broadcast"
Rep- "Right, Google maps, Google Places, whatever you want to call it. It's all the same. So it looks like you offer the same services. Does your company rank on page 1 for any of those services?"
Me- "Well my company doesn't cold call with fraudcasts so I would not consider us the 'same'. Since you called me, why don't you tell me what we are ranking for?"
Rep- "Fraudcast, that's clever......it sounds like you're wasting my time. Are you interested in any of our services?"
Me- "My intention was not to waste your time, I was just curious what direction this call would go since this is the 3rd time your company has called mine."
Rep- "So you are wasting my time. We can continue to talk about what you think you know and what I know but if you're not interested I don't see a reason in continuing this conversation. Do you waste your clients time like this, too?"
Me- "No sir, our clients reach out to us to handle their inbound marketing which actually saves them time. It's a great feeling."
Rep- "Have a good day"

Hopefully they make a note on our account that "Amber is a waste of time" and never call back.:p

Priceless Amber and well played! Fraudcast. LOL. Good one!

Thanks for sharing!

Halarious! Thank you for sharing that conversation, gave me a much needed laugh :D

I get this call every day. It's insane. Anybody have a good call recording app/software?

If you're on Android, check out Total Recall. Works great on my LG G3.

Since they tend to call me 3 times a day (only on my Google Voice number btw), I'll be ready to expand the conversation.

Anyone else notice that they only get these calls on their Google Voice line? I don't know how anyone would have this number.

I get calls like this on my Google Voice line daily. But they normally hang up before I even have the opportunity to answer.

This link probably belongs in the break room, but it's relevant to this thread:
https://www.seroundtable.com/seo-sales-lenny-19049.html

Maybe we can turn these ridiculous calls into mini comedies :D

Thanks Blake! Lenny will be my new "Director of Vendor Relations". That is absolutely amazing.

I get calls like this on my Google Voice line daily. But they normally hang up before I even have the opportunity to answer.

This link probably belongs in the break room, but it's relevant to this thread:
https://www.seroundtable.com/seo-sales-lenny-19049.html

OMG - I want Lenny on my team!

Thanks Blake that was great. Listened to almost the whole thing. What a riot!
What a patient salesman...

Funny...and yeah, diligent and good at working at getting the decision maker's name. Very polite guy!

*snicker*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom