More threads by MattCarter08

Reaction score
I work with a company who does over 20+million in google adwords billings per year.

Does anyone know if large companies like this, who give Google huge amounts get VIP TREATMENT for google places issues.

Google Places is turning into a complete nightmare, and i passionately hate it. I'm sick of copping crap from clients, on google places issues which are not my fault.

I heard that if you go through google adwords reps, they can communicate directly with google places support to get issues solved quicker.

Another question, how do you guys tell clients and make them understand that Google Places can be a nightmare, and the support is very limited.

Next client for GP, i will need to manage expectations alot better.

RANT OVER.

Hi Matt,

Yes I know it can be so frustrating. I actually stopped doing Places directly for clients because it was so problematic. Now I just help you guys with tough cases for your clients, instead of facing the fire with my own. :eek:

Does anyone know if large companies like this, who give Google huge amounts get VIP TREATMENT for google places issues.

I heard that if you go through google adwords reps, they can communicate directly with google places support to get issues solved quicker.

Nope, no VIP support. But you don't need an Adwords rep to help you get Places support. They typically are not very much help anyway.

You know there is direct phone support now, right? You can usually get right through to a live person and many problems they can fix right on the spot.

Another question, how do you guys tell clients and make them understand that Google Places can be a nightmare, and the support is very limited.

Next client for GP, i will need to manage expectations alot better.

When I still worked with clients, I would just tell them right up front Places is very buggy and unpredictable. I never really had them doubt me I don't think, but occasionally if something really bad kept happening - like reviews deleted on a regular basis, I would send them a related thread from the Google forum so they could see it wasn't them, it wasn't anything I did, it's just the way Places issues go sometimes.

Sorry it's so frustrating and I don't blame you for ranting.

You know there is direct phone support now, right? You can usually get right through to a live person and many problems they can fix right on the spot.

Hi Linda, thanks for your response. No i didn't know there is a number?

Is it US based, because my clients are in Australia.

Last time I used it it was only available in the US. However, we were able to use it and we are located in Canada.

Oh sorry, didn't realize. There is not a number to call, it's triggered from within the troubleshooter, which you have to be logged into the client's account to use. And I'm assuming it would only trigger for US accounts at this time.

Below is my announcement with screenshots. It's pretty subtle and easy to miss unless you know what you are looking for. You can see if by chance it's an option there.
http://localsearchforum.catalystema...uge-news-phone-support-google-local-data.html

I assume you can still use the regular troubleshooter to get to support via email, but sometimes there is a 2 week delay before they can get back with you.

Yes, I think it's just for the US.

Im based in the UK and we don't have it yet!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom