More threads by SmallBizGeek

Reaction score
I've been experimenting with Google posts since November, and I've noticed that posts from November 1st 2017 are still publicly viewable.

I've used an incognito browser window to confirm this. I thought these posts were only viewable for 7 days?

Hi Darren,

I think they expire on the live view after 7, but stay on an archived page that's viewable after you click the link.

"To ensure that posts are timely, they're removed from the default view after 7 days (or when the event date the post referenced has passed). However, a historical view of posts is shown under the "Posts" tab on mobile."

Is that what you are seeing?

Hi Linda,

Yes, this is what is happening. I was always under the impression that all posts had the 7 day expiry date. However I see that they do get archived - they're still published - and the expiry date just means they disappear from the GMB knowledge panel, on the front end.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom