More threads by Colan Nielsen

Colan Nielsen

Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
Google continues to offer users more opportunities to search other businesses when you are on a businesses knowledge panel or Google Home Page on mobile.

Here are two examples.

In the first one, "See Similar Places" sits right at the top as the very first thing you see when looking at a business on Google Maps.

see similar places.png

This second one is three full rows of competitor listings that appear at the bottom of a mobile SERP for a businesses Google Homepage/Branded search.

1579031245657.png

see similar places.png

This would frustrate me if I were the business owner, but on the plus side, Discover features like this are really increasing the volume of searches available in the market. It's never been easier to be found, and more difficult to generate a conversion.

Now that engagement is the big challenge I'm glad I can focus on more fun things like figuring out how to encourage cool photos, instead of analysing keywords so much.

This really chaps me -not because it's there - but because none of those LKPs that are linked have the same feature.

If you're going to add it, Google -add it everywhere....

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom