More threads by Linda Buquet

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
YAY! Google review stars will be back in the SERPs very soon I predict, as Google just started testing.

One of our new members, valesence, is sitting on a test server that is starting to show the red/orange review stars right in the SERPs and just shared screenshot below.

We knew this day was coming, since Google started showing stars on the G+ Local pages recently,
but if she's testing that means they will likely go live soon!

894d1374080993-expected-local-search-game-changer-here-plumbing-screenshot.png

Here is the original thread: Expected local search game changer is here

None of us in the other thread are seeing stars yet :p. Please check and let us know if you see them.

I discovered the big update back in 2010 and was the only one sitting on that test server that could see the update. I broke the story on Blumenthals blog on 7/5. That was pretty much the story that helped launch my career in local.

Thanks so much valesence for sharing your discovery with us!

894d1374080993-expected-local-search-game-changer-here-plumbing-screenshot.png

Okay Linda wanted me to post this photo here but I accidentally reposted in the original thread again. Staring at a computer screen too long today. Here it is:

cincinnati-serps.jpg

cincinnati-serps.jpg

Awesome, awesome! Thank you John!

Anyone else seeing stars???

Yay!

I'm seeing stars for everything all of a sudden with Chrome. (Still not in FF.)

Mike just reported some sitings of Stars in the Local Carousel too.
First Sightings of Stars in the Carousel

Italian Restaurants near San Diego - I'm seeing Carousel Stars in Chrome too.
I think I'm getting giddy! :p

Try Chrome and let us know if you see Stars!

Carousel Stars

CarouselStars.PNG

Sooo much better! Although the black and orange makes me think Halloween.

Weigh in if you see stars!

CarouselStars.PNG

Hi Linda

I'm seeing stars being returned on searches all driving related over here in England! Great news!

Not seeing stars yet in the DC area. btw: couldn't believe one pizza place that is to die for, had a 22 ranking in G+. those low rankers are NUTS.

not seeing them in the carousel or for non carousel subjects. I suppose we'll see em later, though.

Alas my Stars are all gone. So they are just still testing here and there.

Don't worry I think it will roll out fairly soon.

I'm in Miami, Fl and we're seeing the stars now via Google Chrome only, but not via FF, IE or Safari.

They are appearing whether logged into Gmail or not, as long as we are not viewing it from an incognito window.

For the first time, I'm seeing review stars in the SERPs, but only for branded searches.

review-stars-SERP.png

Only seeing the above in Chrome. Not in FF. Still not seeing any stars in the 7-pack or blended results, though.

review-stars-SERP.png

I see them in Chrome and IE on my computer, not in Firefox. I also do not see them on Chrome on my Android (still shows the old Zagat rating).

Not seeing it in any desktop browsers, but I AM seeing Stars on the latest update of Google Maps for iOS, along with the Google Search app... or is that old news?

Looks like they are live on Chrome and Safari now. Have heard some people saying that they have been spotted in FF as well.

In most cases, we are seeing that you need at least 5 reviews in order to have the stars show up on your Google Local listing, but there is one search we were told of (boston jewelry) where they show up with only 4 reviews.

Thanks Jamie and all for weighing in and sharing your results.

The stars in the top results list from the new maps have been there for a couple months now. But what's brand new and just rolling out or being tested is stars in the main SERPs and Carousel.

Here are the top results stars from my May post. See screenshot in post #10.
4 Critical Google Maps Changes that will Impact Local Search

But until now, when the new Maps Preview is available to all, I don't think many average consumers saw that page. So stars in the main SERPs is what's new and what we've all been waiting for.

So excited so many are starting to see stars. Means it's hopefully close to full roll-out.

WooHOO! Just checked and stars are back for me in Chrome and for the 1st time I have them in FF and even IE!

Is anyone else starting to see stars everywhere??? :)

Thanks Jamie and all for weighing in and sharing your results.

The stars in the top results list from the new maps have been there for a couple months now. But what's brand new and just rolling out or being tested is stars in the main SERPs and Carousel.

Here are the top results stars from my May post. See screenshot in post #10.
4 Critical Google Maps Changes that will Impact Local Search

But until now, when the new Maps Preview is available to all, I don't think many average consumers saw that page. So stars in the main SERPs is what's new and what we've all been waiting for.

So excited so many are starting to see stars. Means it's hopefully close to full roll-out.

WooHOO! Just checked and stars are back for me in Chrome and for the 1st time I have them in FF and even IE!

Is anyone else starting to see stars everywhere??? :)

Yes absolutely!

I'm seeing the stars on all browsers (Chrome, IE, Safari, Firefox). Also seeing them on iPad via google chrome and safari as well as on my android phone via Google Chrome.

Things are moving along quite nicely!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom