Google Reviews: Hacks for Creating Review URL Strings with the New Google+

Linda Buquet

GoogleReviews.jpg

OK so with the new Google+ there are no reviews on the page so you can't send them there. BTW if you have clients that still have links to their G+ L listing that says "Check out our reviews" or "Leave a review" you need to change to their maps link.

ALSO in case you were not aware adding "review=1" to the link no longer works, so if you've been using that kind of link to get reviews, better change that one too.

Terry Simmonds just shared a post at my Local Search Dynamics Community. He did the most comprehensive list of new review link hacks I've seen yet. (Have to admit I have not tried them all and reviews are not my specialty, but Terry knows his stuff and these are definitely worth checking out.)

<a href="http://www.uksbd.co.uk/how-to-get-more-google-reviews/">How to get more Google Reviews with the new Google+</a>

Prior to the new Google+ that was launched in Mid November 2015 you could send visitors direct to a review form on your Google Local page by adding /?review=1 to the end of your Google Local URL.

The launch of the new Google+ appears to have stopped this.
Sending Visitors Direct to Your Google+ Review Form on the New Google+

A quick workaround for no longer being able to send users to your review form using your URL and /?review=1 is to use your Google placeid instead.

There are 2 ways of doing this...

Hey Terry, a couple of your methods are using Google placeid number. At the bottom you say: "want to know how to find your Google placeid number?"

Could you share that with us? Either here or ping me on G+ and I'll add your instructions ehre.

Check out Terry's tips above and let us know what you think.

THANKS TERRY!

Phil Rozek also did a great post this week about how the G+ changes have affected the review process.

<a href="http://www.localvisibilitysystem.com/2015/11/18/asking-customers-for-google-reviews-in-the-new-google-plus-what-are-your-options/">Asking Customers for Google Reviews in the New Google Plus:
What Are Your Options?</a>

THANKS PHIL!

Head over to check out both posts.
Compare notes. Test and take your best shot!

Reviews FTW!!!

Linda Buquet

Haha Stan the Man is on it!

Next time I come up with an idea for a tool, I'm coming to you!

JoyHawkins

Administrator

stankolev

Stan,

The first type of URL I used didn't work ....
Hey Joy, thanks for the feedback.

The problem with the maps need further research to be fixed, but I changed the url like Terry Simmonds suggest and now variant 1 shows all reviews ( not direct box to post review ) no mаtter logged or not. Added and variant 4 who shows only KG.

stankolev

The problem with maps is fixed. If anyone use bookmarklets here is something simple :

Code:
javascript:var%20c=window.location.href;var%20win=window.open('http://pleper.com/index.php?do=tools&sdo=google_review_link&url='+encodeURI(c), '_blank');win.focus();
How to use ? Make new bookmark and for location / URL address ( depending on the browser you use ) set the code above. After that go to maps and click the bookmark.

What should happen is to open new tab to pleper with maps url, no copy, no paste ... just one click : )

Hey Joy, thanks for the feedback.

The problem with the maps need further research to be fixed, but I changed the url like Terry Simmonds suggest and now variant 1 shows all reviews ( not direct box to post review ) no mаtter logged or not. Added and variant 4 who shows only KG.
What a huge help! Thanks a ton. :)

JoshuaMackens

Local Search Expert
Tool is legit.

I've been using the method Mike recommended that pulls the review box right up out of a URL. However, it wouldn't come up if you weren't logged in, either on mobile or desktop (browser didn't matter).

This URL brings it up no matter what. Logged in, logged out, mobile, desktop, it's all good. For those that are logged in, it posts straight away. If you're not logged in though after you write your review, it will ask you to login. You also have the option to create an account if you don't have one.

Props to Terry for figuring this out and to Stan for making the tool. Easily the best way to leave reviews.

UKSBD

Quick update on this

The reviews link is now on Google Maps

Provided you have at least 1 review go to https://www.google.com/maps/

Search for your business

Right click on reviews and just copy the link.
(saves a lot of faffing around trying to find your numbers :) )

Edit to add: You may need to click the review link 1st, then copy from the address bar.

Hi stankolev

Thanks so much for this tool - works like a charm for all my physical businesses, but I'm having trouble with Service Area businesses (hidden addresses). I keep getting 404 errors when I create the review links - I'm using your method 2 (auto-complete a name).

Is this just me, or is there an issue with creating links for SABs?

stankolev

Hi Priya

I`m glad you like it. SABs have been removed from places API about 5 days ago and moved to GMB API.

I`ve made some adjustments, try again with the bookmarklet ( from pleper ). If you get an error again try with CID / FID with one of those variants :

0x2b35f5b0d1d9239
0x40a4540b44631ff5:0x2b35f5b0d1d9239
4657940321976655861:194604053573767737

Working example for SABs : PlePer Tools - Direct link to google reviews ( review box )

You're the best Stan! Everything works perfectly now.

Thanks so much. Really appreciate all the work you're putting into this tool.

Linda Buquet

IMPORTANT!

<a href="http://www.localsearchforum.com/google-local-important/38386-google-official-reviews-will-not-come-back-g-local-pages.html">Google Official - Reviews Will Not Come Back on G+ Local Pages</a>

There is lots of confusion and it's not as big of a deal as some think. So be sure to read not just the 1st post that explains everything, but also the 4th post that clears up some confusion.

@Stan, amazing work--and so freakin' quick! You inspired us to hunker down this weekend and finally start a "labs" section of our website that exposes our own Google review link generator:
https://www.grade.us/home/labs/google-review-link-generator

In our tool, we wanted to solve a couple of additional problems:
- automatically find the business's CID based on a name/zip search
- include device-specific URL options for the Google Maps app on Android/iOS

The first requirement was to help non-technical folks construct these URLs themselves.

The second requirement was based on our experience using device-specific GMaps URLs in review campaigns on our platform: the in-app experience is more frictionless than the in-browser one.

Anyway, you and Terry are duly credited. Thanks! Hope you like it...

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...

Local Search Forum

Google Product Exert

@LocalSearchLink

Join Our Facebook Group