More threads by Linda Buquet

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Since Google organic search is such a big part of the Google Local Algo I wanted to share this infographic from Backlinko and Search Engine Journal.

And below this huge, awesome infographic is more in-depth commentary about all the ranking factors in the Google organic algo.

Below is an in-depth post from Brian Dean at Backlinko discussing the various factors.

Google’s 200 Ranking Factors: The Complete List

You probably already know that Google uses about 200 ranking factors in their algorithm…

But what the heck are they?

Well today you’re in for a treat because I’ve put together a complete list.

Some are proven.

Some are controversial.

Others are SEO nerd speculation.

But they’re all here.

Then of course the current 'blended' Google Local algo combines all of the above organic ranking factors with all the LOCAL ranking factors and viola! That's a whole lot of ranking factors to try to get right.

As I often tell small business owners - Google Local ranking is like a giant complicated puzzle. Some puzzle pieces are on your Google+ Local Page, some are on 3rd party sites and many are on your own website. In Local he who has the most important puzzle pieces all in the right places - WINS!

What do you think?

I need to find paper long enough for me to print this.

Yep - good stuff!

Now who's up for doing an infographic on the LOCAL algo??? :p

Awesome! Thanks for sharing Linda. I've been away due to all sorts of new house issues, but back now.

I actually didn't know about the "WhoIS Privacy" (being turned on), being a "red flag" to Google.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom