More threads by Eric Marshall

Reaction score
Just noticed Google showing review stars for GMB listings with 3 and 4 reviews stars in both the 3-pack and the local finder. Anybody else seeing this?

serp.jpg

serp.jpg

I just did a couple random searches and yep I'm seeing the stars for businesses with less than 5 reviews as well.

From what I'm seeing, 3 is the new 5. Anyone with 1 or 2 reviews isn't showing the stars. Can you guys confirm that is what you're seeing too?

Yes, looks like 3 is the new 5. Although I came across an exception where a 3 star had no stars. All 3 reviews were one stars so I am wondering if that's why the stars aren't showing?

Now I'm wondering if the age of the reviews might factor into it if there is less than 3. For the 2 you showed with stars, they both had reviews over 2 years old. Wolf Rock did not. However, that theory doesn't hold up with this business who has a 5-year old review:

I'm seeing star icons show up for lots of businesses with two reviews now.

I'm seeing stars on this listing with only 1 review!

den-helder-dental-1-recensie-sterren-07-02-2017.JPG

den-helder-dental-1-recensie-sterren-07-02-2017.JPG

Got a reply from Google. Not a bug or anything. Intended update.

Now everyone gets stars.

Yes - I can see stars for businesses with one x 5 star review, in very small towns here in Australia.

Wow Robin, yours wins for most bizarre. I'm going to add that to an ongoing thread I have going on with Google to see if they can give me an explanation.

Wow Robin, yours wins for most bizarre. I'm going to add that to an ongoing thread I have going on with Google to see if they can give me an explanation.

Has to be a "soft score" from the other reviews tied to the Knowledge Card, right?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom