More threads by FriarTuck00

Twice now I've had 3 clients (3 different industries) have their call tracking numbers removed in GMB.

I'm using this method to add call tracking numbers (502 area code - for both numbers):

[primary] = tracking number
[secondary] = main phone number (that's listed on the site)

Is there a way to tell if Google is making these updates or if they’re being updated by a random person (through Suggest An Edit)?

OR since they're "suggestions", is there a way to just reject the "suggested edits"- similar to what FB does?

I see this message in GMB when going in to edit the Info (“This location has updated information from Google users or other sources. Review these published updates to make sure that they're accurate.”).

Also FYI - When trying to update (when I used "copy/paste" I get error “Invalid Number” (tried multiple browsers) – when I typed in "manually", the updates were saved?). So just a heads up if anyone else is having a similar issue.

Happened again for us 1-2 days ago. Same client. Again...annoying.

I think I mentioned yesterday or the day before, we had one of these happen as well.

What I noticed about it this time was that the number that they wanted to change it TO is the same as the number in the GMB profile that is identified as their "AdWords location extensions phone"

Isn't THAT odd? :(

They're BAAAAAACK...

Google once again sent email saying that they had edited a client's GMB record to "flip" the phone numbers in the listing to list the CTN second and the main land line first.

"Recent updates have been made to your listing
Help us keep the information on Google Search and Maps as accurate as possible for everyone."

Is this happening for others?

Hey Tim, yes we got a few of these notifications today as well.

Just out of curiosity are you using Call Rail or Call Tracking Metrics for your tracking numbers?

It happened again to me too. So far, just with one client but I expect to see more in the next few days.

What I've noticed over the last 6 months is that it always happens to the exact same clients of ours (only a small number of them) and I'm really trying to figure out what the connection is.

What I've noticed over the last 6 months is that it always happens to the exact same clients of ours (only a small number of them) and I'm really trying to figure out what the connection is.

I've noticed that as well. It's not all of our clients, but just a handful. If you figure out a connection, please let us know.

It happened again today, to a client that it has happened to before. At least Google notifies us, so that we can repair the damage that they have done.

I too have a client with two phone numbers, but I don't see the second number anywhere - not on desktop, nor on mobile search. Where does it show, besides the dashboard?

I too have a client with two phone numbers, but I don't see the second number anywhere - not on desktop, nor on mobile search. Where does it show, besides the dashboard?

It doesn't show publicly anywhere.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom