More threads by profjoeyg

Reaction score
Is there a guide somewhere that lays out the "ideal" way to get the management of a client's accounts?

What I want is the ability to edit/post on their GMB, upload YouTube videos on their channel, create/manage ads in Ads, create/import Goals & Audiences from their Analytics to Ads and connect everything to their Search Console.

I have 30 clients I have picked up over the last 3+ years and unfortunately, it is a hodgepodge of setups (box of tangled Christmas lights :-( ).

I was thinking ideally, they create a new Gmail account and put their mobile & existing Gmail as the backup/verification. I get those credentials. I ensure that the account is the owner of the Ads account, YouTube Channel, GMB and sets up the Analytics & Search Console. I then add my MCC Gmail account on to GMB, Analytics & Search Console, as well as connect their Ads account under my MCC. This is all so I can have Location extensions, import Goals/Audiences from Analytics to Ads and link Search Console properly. Finally, I need the Ads account login so I can link the YouTube channel (this has been my main pain lately - suddenly existing/running video ads stop with the error "Video missing", when it is clearly published).

I am hoping there is a much cleaner, easier way where I can simply manage all of my client's properties for them and ensure maximum benefits for them. I would always prefer to have them simply make me a manager on things, but the YouTube channel connection to Ads and the ability for me to upload videos to YouTube is what causes this to all become "tangled".

Any direction on this is greatly appreciated!

It is very time consuming isn't it?
When I start with a new client, I create a new email address for them with my email and mobile as the backup. If I "run out" out of the ability to use my number, I'll use the client's but sometimes I get clients that are not terribly responsive and this slows me down.
Most clients don't know how to give access and find it frustrating so I have been working on some videos or sending clients to other sites which show them how to do this. Sometimes I walk them through it over the phone...

The best way to do this is to create videos for them on how to add people to accounts. Or send an existing guide. It’s difficult and I let them know it’s the hardest part of the relationship, but once we have it all in one place they rest easy knowing that.

Usually though if it’s too tough, they send me their credentials based on trust, I add myself from there,

The best way to do this is to create videos for them on how to add people to accounts. Or send an existing guide. It’s difficult and I let them know it’s the hardest part of the relationship, but once we have it all in one place they rest easy knowing that.

Usually though if it’s too tough, they send me their credentials based on trust, I add myself from there,
Thank you both for the follow-up. If it were not for YouTube video uploading & linking the YouTube channel to Google Ads, the current flow I have would be fine.

I like the video tutorial part, I will work on that.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom