More threads by HRobinson

Reaction score
How to schedule posts?

I manage many Google My Business pages and want to schedule posts on the new posts that have been added recently... http://prntscr.com/fq2nwk

I use Hootsuite, and they say they are not offering posting to the new posts in Google My Business

I asked Buffer, and they said they are looking into it.

Anyone know a service that is available to schedule posts ahead of time to on different days on multiple GMB pages?

I just wanted to make it clear that "Google Posts" is different than Google+ posts that somewhat integrate with GMB.

This might be helpful:
Google: Google Posts | Search Engine Land
Google Posts now live for all Google My Business users

I know buffer lets you schedule Google+ posts for different GMB pages if you have the paid version.

"Google Posts" is very new so like you said Buffer may look into it...but I am doubting Google will allow the integration for some time. That is, if they even keep it around for long.

It seems it took years for Google to allow third party schedulers like Buffer to work with Google+.

There is currently no way to schedule Google posts - not even from within the Google My Business dashboard.

Last edited by a moderator:
Those tools only work with Google Plus, not Google Posts (which is brand new).

Whoops - my bad. I was typing too fast :) I corrected it.

I keep seeing people talk about this but they don't mention how you can't use any automation tools.

I mean it's fine if you have a local one person shop, but when you manage multiple accounts for many clients, it is difficult.

You can with Google plus, but it gets so little traction. I was posting there hoping it would be incorporated here. Why have two different ones?

Why not combine both?

It's like Google wants to let Google + "die on the vine, " but they won't combine the two.

Most posting apps provide a way to automate.

I'm still searching for this, it doesn't make sense!! And lots of social media managers are still talking about G+ as if it matters...

Google Business Posts drive a LOT of value for the small businesses I work with and I would love to find ANY solution but they don't seem to have opened an API for any of the managers to work with yet.

Will keep following this thread and thanks for the comments!

I keep seeing people talk about this but they don't mention how you can't use any automation tools.

I mean it's fine if you have a local one person shop, but when you manage multiple accounts for many clients, it is difficult.

You can with Google plus, but it gets so little traction. I was posting there hoping it would be incorporated here. Why have two different ones?

Why not combine both?

It's like Google wants to let Google + "die on the vine, " but they won't combine the two.

Most posting apps provide a way to automate.

How are you measuring the value of Google My Business Posts? I am doing them for a client on a weekly basis but have not noticed any significant increases...

I don't think scheduling is ever going to available for Google Posts. You cannot even republish expired Posts, as they expire after 7 days.

You cannot even republish expired Posts, as they expire after 7 days.
I think that's done by design--they want fresh content from the business. That doesn't mean that you can't copy an old post and then just create a new one and post it again. Especially if the offer in the post is good and converts well.

I think that's done by design--they want fresh content from the business. That doesn't mean that you can't copy an old post and then just create a new one and post it again. Especially if the offer in the post is good and converts well.

Yes, they're discouraging spammers. This is not Craigs List, after all.

But you can copy the old posts and republish. I highlight the text and copy to the clipboard, then create a new post and paste the text. You do need to upload the image again, but that's easy enough. I even have a Photoshop template set at 407 x 305 px.

I highlight the text and copy to the clipboard, then create a new post and paste the text.
Isn't that what I just said, take an old post and then post it again? Or am I missing something here, Darren, SmallBizGeek?

Isn't that what I just said, take an old post and then post it again? Or am I missing something here, Darren, SmallBizGeek?

Kind of. Some people might be under the impression you're duplicating a post without having to highlight the text. I'm clarifying the issue for anyone reading this who is new to GMB Posts.

I'm hoping one day we'll be able to republish old/expired Posts without having to actually create a new post. A republish option would be great and a time saver.

Or just any tool that can remotely post to Google My Business "Posts"

Logging in to each client is time consuming, but as there doesn't seem to be any API open I guess it will be like this for a while.

I've asked a couple of social media manager platforms - SproutSocial and Co-Schedule and both their community managers didn't even know what the platform was....

"We do post to Google business with Google+ management" is not an answer.
Please someone kill Google Plus now.

Linda's right, the new API capabilities means it's only a matter of time before some of the common platforms integrate post scheduling in with their other tools. I don't imagine it'll be long before some of the companies out there implement post scheduling.

The API itself won't be much use to you, unless you're already a competent coder and you know how to interact with a REST API. If that's you, the relevant documentation is here. If not, hit up your favorite GMB management platform and see what their plans are. Maybe Brightlocal would integrate something like that if they had people asking?

Hi All,

If you're already in Yext, they just rolled out the capability to post and schedule posts to GMB. Just wanted to share!

GMB Post.png

GMB Post.png

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom