More threads by ClearIT

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am having trouble getting my business website to show up when Googling my company name. Sometimes it shows up on the 1st page of Google, other times it doesn't show up at all or on any results page in the top 100.

Company name: CLEAR IT SECURITY

Background:
* My GMB page used to be for my previous company name: Computer Care Now and website: Computer Care Now Laptop PC Mac Repair Network Service Fort Worth - Not sure if that was the best thing to do but I just simply updated the listing to my current company name and website over a year ago. My GMB also used to link to my Facebook but I don't see it show up anymore either.
* I noticed that whenever I check my listing through GMB the search words entered into Google as CLEAR IT SECURITY Fort Worth
* I get spammy comments on my website that say I have duplicate content and that's why I don't rank high. Is this true?
* I moved from GoDaddy to SiteGround around Nov/Dec 2017 and setup SSL about 3 months ago.
* I'm an SEO novice but I do use Yoast for Wordpress.

I'd appreciate any thoughts, recommendations and/or suggestions.

Thank you.

Some observations (googling from Canada but using google.com):

• Switching to SSL can have a temporary negative impact on indexing and ranking but after 3 months you should start to see recovery
  • I see reviews for your company outranking the listing for your your site (Yelp, HomeAdvisor) when I google for clear it security
  • Your new name in those searches may be a disadvantage: you are competing in the rankings for a company called Clear Security (clearme.com, airport security) and another called Clear Security in Canada (clearsecurity.ca)
  • searching for clear it security fort worth tx, you do much better - that makes sense and is a good thing, since you are a local company - using that search term, you dominate the first page

I echo what David mentioned. I have a few more things to add:

• GMB business name looks like it's in all capitals. Is that right or is it showing up funky on my screen?
  • Check Google Search Console for any reported issues from Google
  • Both old and new businesses have the same phone number - might be confusing to know which is which
  • Check that you're in compliance with schema markup guidelines
  • Check that you're in compliance with all quality guidelines

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom