More threads by JoyHawkins

JoyHawkins

Administrator
Local Search Expert
LocalU Faculty
Top Poster Of Month
Solutions
Reaction score
I found out about this today and absolutely love it. Linda Buquet introduced me to Marie Haynes a couple years ago and she's my go-to-expert on anything relating to backlinks, manual penalties or Penguin.

She has a tool that allows you to insert a URL if you're not sure if it's bad or not and she'll let you know if she's come across it and what she thinks:

https://www.mariehaynes.com/blacklist/

Ex: I had a client who had a former SEO try and claim that 247WebDirectory.com - General Web Directory was a wonderful directory because Moz said it had authority. When you put it in her tool, you'll get:

Directory Spam.jpg

Directory Spam.jpg

Very, very cool! Thanks Joy

Very useful. Thanks, Joy. Finally a quick way to check a specific link without having to jump into Majestic or Moz.

Thanks so much for posting this Joy.

I've been working on my blacklist for over three years now. Every time I do a link audit, if I come across a domain that I would always want to disavow or perhaps that I would always want to keep, I'll update my blacklist.

I had a bunch of people ask me if I would sell it, but rather than do that I thought I'd create a tool to allow people to check a link across my blacklist. I've considered offering a paid service to allow a bulk check of links and may still do so if there is enough interest.

I've had lots of people suggest that I crowdsource the data and allow others to add to the list. When I first made my blacklist, this is exactly what I did. I had a lot of other peoples' disavow files because I have reviewed quite a few. But I found that I could not rely on other people's link auditing decisions. I was finding many domains in the blacklist that didn't belong there. As such, every domain that is in this list is one that I have personally reviewed.

I'm always looking for ways to improve upon the tool and am open for feedback.

Thanks!

Very cool! Thanks for stopping by Marie!

And thanks for sharing Joy!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom