More threads by rgblocal

rgblocal

Reaction score
We are seeing an ad from Groupon in the deal section on mobile devices, however, the ad is from another school (with a similar name). How can we get the it removed from our listing? It is extremely deceptive.

Solution
Unfortunately, it's Google's way of "improving" the SERPs. Improving it for their bottom line!

I've even had a client's own Groupon showing on their profile. Not as bad as a competitor, but pushing them to a Groupon when they've already found you is not a desirable strategy.
So how is that ad being placed and why is it under "Deals" on our listing when in fact it is for a school unrelated to ours?

A few selected advertisers (Groupon is one of them) are allowed to advertise on Business Profiles, I don't think they are limited and they can show deals for the competition

Unfortunately, it's Google's way of "improving" the SERPs. Improving it for their bottom line!

I've even had a client's own Groupon showing on their profile. Not as bad as a competitor, but pushing them to a Groupon when they've already found you is not a desirable strategy.

Solution

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Live Webinar - Local SEO Audits

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom