Hardcore Video SEO Resources with a Local Search Emphasis

I have noticed zapiks seems to consistently outrank sites like vimeo and even youtube which is strange.

Also sites like liveleak will just delete what you upload, so it is worth trying out these sites for a while and seeing which ones are just a waste to submit to.

Can also add shutterfly, archive.org, and funnyordie to that list above.

Former Member

This may be a silly question, but for some reason I can't help but think keeping a video unique is what's important. If a video is "content" just like a great article is, wouldn't you want to publish it in one place and then SHARE it on other channels in hopes to reach more people. Wouldn't publishing it all over the web make your hard earned video duplicate content? What makes video different than an article in this example?

Maybe I'm wrong but it just seems to me that unique videos that are shown to be YOUR content is what's important. What do you think?

Bobbie

Don't you think it's more about unique IPs? Google doesn't know the content of the video except for the description and title, so they aren't punishing the embed code. Seems if you had unique IPs, as various site would, posting the embed code/video... that would make Google happy.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...

Local University Guide

Google Product Exert