More threads by tedchan

tedchan

Reaction score
Hello - I was wondering if any of the experts here used any healthcare specific citation sites. I know of the big one that come up in search, but not all seem very updated other than maybe BrightLocal.

@tedchan, yes. Here are the sites I tend to deal with:

HealthGrades (the most important by far)
Doctor.WebMD.com
RateMDs.com
Vitals.com (if you can work around Yext)
CareCredit.com (if applicable)

You may need to mess with HIPAASpace.com, too.

Plus sites relevant to the client's specific field of medicine.

What type of healthcare are you concerned with, @tedchan ?

I was actually looking for lists of citations.

I actually run one of these directory sites, and we got a lot of referrals from BrightLocal. So was trying to find more that people use like https://brightlocal.com/2018/04/06/top-local-citations-by-business-category/

CareDash has more traffic than RateMDs in the US now! Phil, happy to share more if you work with healthcare providers. We try to make it very easy for providers to claim/update data and add links to their website and scheduling.

@tedchan, the 80/20 rule is important here. I wouldn't adhere much to big lists of citation sources. Many of the sites just don't matter in any way, and seldom are they up-to-date.

Yeah, I totally agree with that - trying to find the 20% people use, including for more niche.

Frustrating thing is people do seem to go down them in the space, and it's helpful to be included for awareness purposes. As new site, overcome the fact that a lot of the data/lists out there on the web are pretty stale. And if you're a real provider, we're one of the easiest/high quality back links you can get! : )

Yeah, I totally agree with that - trying to find the 20% people use, including for more niche.

Frustrating thing is people do seem to go down them in the space, and it's helpful to be included for awareness purposes. As new site, overcome the fact that a lot of the data/lists out there on the web are pretty stale. And if you're a real provider, we're one of the easiest/high quality back links you can get! : )

Great marketing idea to include yourself in these lists. I'm sure you've Google'd "List of healthcare citation sites" and other relevant search queries?

You could also do a backlink search for healthgrades, etc. and find more lists. You could also get plenty of backlink opportunities that way as well.

@tedchan, I get what you're asking now. I misunderstood and thought you were asking in the context of, "Which listings should I create for a healthcare practice?"

Does CareDash give patients the ability to write reviews? One angle you might take is to contact makers of ORM software. Those outfits tend to offer patients a choice of sites to write reviews on.

Makers of ORM tools also tend to be better about keeping their lists of sites up-to-date, for a variety of reasons. (People who have curated lists of citation sources tend to have a harder time of and less interest in keeping those lists current. I say that as someone who did one of the earlier monster lists of citation sources.)

Hi, yes, have tried to do this but curious what people actually use! Even when agencies come in and do nice profiles, it helps our user experience a lot (and it's a win-win because those profiles get ranked much higher).

@Phil, yes, we are a review site. BrightLocal was one of the first who added us, which has been great, and led to more. And Yext and Reputation.com have added us to their lists. They haven't really done citation list recently as far as I'm aware though.

Great marketing idea to include yourself in these lists. I'm sure you've Google'd "List of healthcare citation sites" and other relevant search queries?

You could also do a backlink search for healthgrades, etc. and find more lists. You could also get plenty of backlink opportunities that way as well.

@tedchan, I get what you're asking now. I misunderstood and thought you were asking in the context of, "Which listings should I create for a healthcare practice?"

Does CareDash give patients the ability to write reviews? One angle you might take is to contact makers of ORM software. Those outfits tend to offer patients a choice of sites to write reviews on.

Makers of ORM tools also tend to be better about keeping their lists of sites up-to-date, for a variety of reasons. (People who have curated lists of citation sources tend to have a harder time of and less interest in keeping those lists current. I say that as someone who did one of the earlier monster lists of citation sources.)

That is a brilliant idea.

Have you also tried GetFaveStars (they've rebranded to something else), Grade.Us and Birdeye?

Been working on those! Are there Grade.Us people hanging around here? Seems like they. might be a sponsor.

We built an API so these reputation/review dashboards can pull in the relevant data.

Have you also tried GetFaveStars (they've rebranded to something else)

They were formerly called "GetFiveStars" and now they are rebranded as "GatherUp". They should definitely be on his list.

Been working on those! Are there Grade.Us people hanging around here? Seems like they. might be a sponsor.

We built an API so these reputation/review dashboards can pull in the relevant data.

Yes, they are around for sure. Well, I think Jon actually stepped into a different role at Grade.Us with the onboarding of new investors so maybe he's now around anymore. But I think @Garrett Sussman should be.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom