More threads by seowned

seowned

Reaction score
i had posted this as a comment in another thread, but figure i would make a thread about it also. we are seeing multiple fake GBP being generated, what seems like daily, with fake 5 star Google reviews in the moving industry through many citys throughout the USA. i know other service industry businesses have been experiencing the exact same thing from other posts i have read, but i still cannot find out much information about what to do.

how are they getting so many Google guaranteed GMB pages?

this has drastically increased the cost per lead and has buried our legit business with 100+ legit 5 star reviews. i have reported the listings to Google with screenshots, but from previous posts i have read here, that is not going to do much. you can see the screenshots below. anyone have any info. about this or any suggestions on what to do?

LSA-fake2.jpg

LSA-fake-5stars.jpg

This is a problem thats been plaguing the LSA space since the program was first started. Spammers are getting more sophisticated at gaming the platform every day. The best you can do (from my knowledge) is to report them via this form Report Misconduct or Abuse - Local Services Help

You can also tweet at the Google Ads liaison on Twitter, her profile is here - https://twitter.com/adsliaison

This is a problem thats been plaguing the LSA space since the program was first started. Spammers are getting more sophisticated at gaming the platform every day. The best you can do (from my knowledge) is to report them via this form Report Misconduct or Abuse - Local Services Help

You can also tweet at the Google Ads liaison on Twitter, her profile is here - https://twitter.com/adsliaison

yes, i know :( however, this is on a scale i have never seen before and i have been doing this for a very long time. from what i can gather, this is a major operation and "they" are spending huge amounts of money on whatever this loophole/exploit is they have discovered. my industry's cost per lead on LSA's used to be $75, but it is now at $110 since these listings started showing up and hammering local service ads.

anyone have any insight on how they are actually getting this many verified Google Business Profile listings made with the green Google Guarantee checkmark? i mean, it is time consuming for us to do it the right way (we've had to do video verification and re-verification 3 times at our 2 new brick and mortar locations in order to get them verified). so, i just don't understand how there are 11 new listings, as of my last count, in my local service area now, all verified, with the Google Guarantee green check along with verified Google reviews that they are dripping in daily.

please, someone enlighten me! lol...

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Live Webinar - Local SEO Audits

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom