More threads by j_holtslander

j_holtslander

Reaction score
Google has added a "Highlight" on mobile devices of "Highly Rated" for a client of mine's new GMB property. (He has 1 single Google review.)
Anyone seen this before?

I discovered this by accident while trying to find out why his one single service definition isn't displaying anywhere on his profile despite being defined. (Which is another curiosity.)

Screen Shot 2019-08-24 at 2.48.27 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-08-24 at 2.58.29 PM.png

@j_holtslander, that service shows up if you search in the Google Maps app and click the "Menu" button. (Google's always stuck "Services" under there, which has always seemed odd.)

My guess is the "Highly Rated" attribute shows up just because the one review is a 5-star. Kind of a low threshold, but I can understand the logic (i.e. it's an accurate label if your client keeps up the strong reviews, and it goes away if your client gets some clunkers).

@j_holtslander, that service shows up if you search in the Google Maps app and click the "Menu" button.

I didn't see the "Menu" button (Which I was expecting) when I looked but I just checked in the iOS Maps App and I do see it there now.

It doesn't show up when emulating iOS in the Chrome browser on Desktop. Odd.

My guess is the "Highly Rated" attribute shows up just because the one review is a 5-star.

I thought perhaps it was picked up from other platforms like Facebook and Yelp.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom