More threads by jrobbins

Solutions
Reaction score
We have a customer claiming WRONG H.O.O for a location when the search is performed on Safari or Firefox. All else (GMB et al) they are CORRECT. Any ideas?

Do you have some screenshots? Is it possible they're looking at Bing or Apple Maps and not Google?

Thanks Joy. No. They explicitly say they see the wrong hours on safari (which I thought Google powered) and firefox....And again, the correct hours are on G no doubt...

Are you able to get screenshots?

Thanks Joy. No. They explicitly say they see the wrong hours on safari (which I thought Google powered) and firefox....And again, the correct hours are on G no doubt...
I'm pretty sure that Safari uses Apple Maps by default, unless that's changed recently. Can anyone with a Mac test that?

I'm on a Mac and using safari, when I search for a company name, I get the One Box that displays GMB info thereby using Google Maps.

Thanks, @travelincat.

I just tried though on my iPhone 8+ and there it defaults to Apple Maps. On that same device, using Firefox I get Google Maps but that's because I have explicitly set Firefox to use Google Search and Google Maps. I don't know of a way to do that for Safari.

So I guess the question for @jrobbins is whether the client is using mobile.

Last edited:
Interesting. I'm using my iPhone Xs version 12.3.1 and it uses Google Maps. This may be a setting on the phone, but I could not find it.

Hmmm... I just updated to iOS last night. I wonder if that made a difference?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom