How Do You Get Google+ Local URL These Days?

As I'm working on citations for clients these directories ask for the Google+ Local URL for the business. I know since Google did away with the ability to link directly to a Google+ Local page for a business I'm wondering how you get this URL now.

Travis

travelincat

Forum Member
Go to the page whose url you want. On the top right is an icon with three rows of three squares. Click on it, then click on the Google+ icon. This will take you to the page where you can copy the url.

Colan Nielsen

Administrator
Administrator
You can also get to it directly form inside the GMB dashboard. Click on the Google+ icon:

If it's an owner verified page you can also find it by searching Google for "business phone number" + "plus.google.com"

BaggySEO

Forum Member
Using advanced operators in Google also works for me if the business name isn't too common - something like:

site: plus.google.com "[business name]"

e.g. site: plus.google.com "palacio lounge"

(remember to remove the space between the : and p! :p)

Last edited:
@BaggySEO - I use the site:plus.google.com trick all the time, but from your wording I wasn't sure if you knew that unverified listings don't pull up that way anymore, as Colan mentioned above. They started forwarding straight to maps back in March, so site:plus.google.com won't find what you're looking for unless the business is already verified. For non SAB's, map maker is a good place to check. If it is an SAB though, it can get a little tougher.

Maybe you already knew that, but in case anyone else reading this didn't, figured I'd throw it out there.

Tony Wang

Forum Member
Interesting, you guys still fill in the Google+ url on citations? I don't even bother anymore, especially since the GMB separation.

I'm not super anal about making sure I fill in the Google+ URL at these directories but if I have the URL readily available I'll throw it in there. It's probably completely meaningless these days but since it only takes a few seconds to do I figure why not..."just in case" there is *some* value to providing it.

Travis

Interesting, you guys still fill in the Google+ url on citations? I don't even bother anymore, especially since the GMB separation.

Local Search Forum

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe

Google Product Exert

@LocalSearchLink

Join Our Facebook Group