More threads by mikepcservice

Reaction score
Hey guys, I want to zero in and rank in the fastest way for some specific kw's, can you all help me with this and advise me on how best to go about this please?

heating repair near me
boiler repair near me
boiler repair service
heating repair service
gas boiler repair
gas furnace repair

1. Create an in-depth page on each of those specific services.

2. Add to your homepage a blurb (or more) on each service.

3. Link to those service-specific pages on your homepage, in the main nav, on a main "Our Services" page, maybe on an "Areas Served" page, on any "city" pages, and maybe in the footer.

You'll probably have to do a little more or a lot more, depending on how competitive your local market is. For instance, in time you'll need reviews from customers who got those services (and can talk about those services in their reviews), and you'll want links from sites relevant to those services. But #1-3 will get you in the ballgame, at least.

Along with with the great suggestions from @Phil Rozek -- I would like to suggest the following 10 tips to help you rank for your keyword phrases as fast as possible:

Basically you need to "punch the gas..." on building location authority --- and here's how you can do that.

1. Create a long form piece of content for your main "heating repair" service since this has 3X the number of search volume vs. "gas furnace" and "gas boiler" searches. I recommend shooting for 2500 words or more if possible. This may sound like a lot, but if you are an expert / experienced in your field, this is not as difficult as it sounds... just start writing and thinking about all the questions your customers have asked, and scenarios you've experienced.

2. Assuming you are a heating repair company only, I would include this long form content on your homepage.

If you also do AC repair, etc..., then as Phil suggested, create a separate landing page for "heating repair" and "ac repair", and then build out long form content on each respectively.

3. Include "heating repair" in your meta title, meta description, and onsite <h1> tag on your target page

4. Include "gas furnace repair" and "gas boiler repair" as <h2> sub-titles in your long form content.

5. Build out informative (2 - 3 paragraphs per sub-title / sub-topic, if possible) content that dives into the many different scenarios, tips, "how to's", etc.. within each respective section of your content

If you need help identifying relevant / related topics to include in each, I suggest using the LSI Graph tool and simply enter your keyword phrase (i.e. gas boiler) into the search bar. You'll end up with a long list of contextually relevant topics to talk about in each section.

Here's a snapshot of a list of topics to discuss in your "gas furnace" section:
  • furnace cleaning prices
  • furnace tune up costs
  • [major brand names] furnace repair
6. If you are just a heating repair company and placing all of this content on your homepage, include your homepage URL as the website URL in your Google My Business listing

7. If you also provide AC repair services, then switch our your website URL on your Google My Business listing to your "heating repair services" URL during the cold months, and switch the GMB URL to your AC repair landing page during the hot months.

We implement this highly effective strategy for a lot of our HVAC client's in the south.

8. Build location authority -- the easiest and fastest way to do this is execute citation distribution (including your website URL) in high DA global sites and directories, within business category / niche sites and directories, and also within sites and directories within your city / county / state.

9. Add a sitemap URL to your website that includes the highest 20th percentile of citation sources -- these will be your citation source that are the most authoritative.

10. Verify your domain in Google Search Console and request your sitemap URL be crawled and indexed. This will get your citation sources indexed, and in turn, unlock the location authority potential from these high DA sources.

I hope this helps.

Along with with the great suggestions from @Phil Rozek -- I would like to suggest the following 10 tips to help you rank for your keyword phrases as fast as possible:

7. If you also provide AC repair services, then switch our your website URL on your Google My Business listing to your "heating repair services" URL during the cold months, and switch the GMB URL to your AC repair landing page during the hot months.

We implement this highly effective strategy for a lot of our HVAC client's in the south.

9. Add a sitemap URL to your website that includes the highest 20th percentile of citation sources -- these will be your citation source that are the most authoritative.

10. Verify your domain in Google Search Console and request your sitemap URL be crawled and indexed. This will get your citation sources indexed, and in turn, unlock the location authority potential from these high DA sources.

I hope this helps.

Wow! Thank you very much guys and sorry for the late response. I am now going through all the info from you both and creating my own tutorial off of your advice. I have these two questions from the advice given please:

1] My friend whom I am trying to help only does heating repair but I have been toying with the idea of including HVAC kw's, is this a good idea or should I not use them?

2]
Add a sitemap URL
to your website that includes the highest 20th percentile of citation sources -- these will be your citation source that are the most authority.

I am not clear on what you mean by "Adding a Sitemap URL", is this different from simply having a sitemap?

Thanks.

Hi @mikepcservice -- first, for your keyword phrase question... I actually recommend researching to identify the most relevant top level category keyword phrase that's sort "macro" level above the ones you mentioned.

Second, basically when I say a "sitemap", I'm just referring to a page you build in your website that lists out the URL's to your highest, most authoritative citations. Then submit that "sitemap" / page URL to GSC for recrawl.

I hope that helps - thanks again

Heating repair and boiler repair were the 2 top level kw's my kw research guy was able to come up with and that should be what any homeowner would type.

I am still having trouble understanding some of the terminology being used here, in this case

a page you build in your website that lists out the URL's to your highest, most authoritative citations.

basically when I say a "sitemap", I'm just referring to a page you build in your website that lists out the URL's to your highest, most authoritative citations. Then submit that "sitemap" / page URL to GSC for recrawl.
I hope that helps - thanks again

Hey guys, I am getting this error when I try to crawl the sitemap. The developer says he has no idea why, any ideas please?

Screen Shot 2019-10-07 at 12.26.01 PM.png

That's an XML sitemap... that's not what I mean by a "sitemap" when I mentioned it above in my explanation, and that's why you are getting the error when trying to recrawl your XML sitemap.

I simply meant a page within your website to list the URL's to your most authoritative citations.

Sorry I am not understanding then. Can I trouble you to link me to any page where I might be able to see and understand what you mean please? You can pm me if you wish.

Yes he means an HTML sitemap, which is similar to what you are referencing to about typically being in the footer. It's another way for crawlers to understand the organization of your website.

I think it's important to ask you this question first: For the keywords above, are you trying to rank in the organic results or the local pack? Most of those queries are going to be localized, and a majority of the clicks are going to go to the map pack.

Whenever a mobile user searches for "product/service + near me" the near me portion is going to get replaced with the geo coordinates of their locations (if location services are turned on). Meaning there is almost a guarantee that the local pack is going to take us most of the real estate on the result.

Optimizing for the local pack has a different set of criteria than traditional organic results. I'd suggest taking a look at this: Local Search Ranking Factors Study 2018 - Local SEO | Moz

The link above shows some of the ranking factors for the local pack. Let me know if you have any questions.

Ok thanks. Been a long day for me, let me try to soak in everything in the morning including the link which I think most likely I will have covered already but will look at it again, get back to this in the morning.

Whoa, that Moz link has a ton of info I will need time to review. Right now I can ask the developer to create a sitemap in the footer so all pages can be crawled through it, will that do it and if yes, should I keep or remove the XML sitemap please?

@mikepcservice -- good morning... perhaps I can explain it a different way:

Simply create a new page on your website > add links to the page that point to your citations / link sources > submit that new page URL to GSC to be recrawled.

This is the core tenets of the process.

The new page with the list of links... this is what I've been calling / what we call a "sitemap".

I hope that helps.

Thank you again

Bobby

Ok so I go to PAGES in the dashboard and create a new page as normal, title it LINKS then on that page add the url of every citation I have created. Then submit that LINKS page for indexing, is that it?

@mikepcservice -- uhhh.... hmmm... how do I say this....? (thinking.... thinking....)

Ok, so... sort of / but not completely. The core pillars of what you described are "it", yes, but there are many degrees of difference between what you described and the method / process I described previously I(sorry, I would have to go back and see how I described it... but I'm 100% certain we are describing "it" differently).

But, in a strange / sort of obscure way... the core pillars of the process are captured in your description.

Some key points to make on your description: I would not just name the page "Links" -- that's not a fair representation of the value of the page nor a fair description of the 'links that would reside on that page.

Also, I STRONGLY recommend you do not list "all" of the links...

Again, I haven't gone back and re-read my comments... but I'm 100% certain (because its what we do) that I would've recommended using ahrefs to identify the top 20th percentile of the most authoritative links > assessing what the actual count is with that > and then - at a measured pace - adding the links to your page (sitemap).

I have no idea what I would name that new page. Also isn't ahref a paid software? I was thinking I work off the list from bright local:

and list those from DA 100 down to 50 if as you say I am not allowed to list all of them?

Name the page something like: "[business name] - Sitemap" so that search engines understand what the page is about whilst also making logical sense to users.

Do not list all of those links in the BrightLocal link on your website. BipperMedia suggested to list the top 20 pages on YOUR site. That BrightLocal link is a list of top directories where you may get a link/citation back to your business.

This is all just 1 small step in sending Google more signals that you have pages that you want to rank for the keywords you listed above but as I mentioned earlier, it's likely to only help you with organic listings.

All of the keywords you listed above are going to get localized, and a vast majority of the clicks are going to go to the map pack (GMB profiles). If you want to rank and get clicks from local terms you should focus more on your GMB listing (although having local pages is a huuuuge benefit).

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom