How Does a Business Deal with Fake Reviews?

Bit late, but a tip for responding to potentially fake negative reviews is to respond to them the same way you would to a normal upset customer. Acknowledge their issue, apologize, and offer them a way to contact you, especially a specialized help email address. The benefit of this is two-fold: On the off chance the review is real, it won't upset them any further, and it makes you look professional and thoughtful to people browsing your reviews. While the temptation to call out people who post fake reviews is very real, spilling the tea only makes you feel better for a moment. Actual customers rarely want to see that kind of behaviour and it runs the chance of making them so uncomfortable they go elsewhere. When I see a business has responded to a negative review in a thoughtful way and attempted to make it right, it gives me confidence they'd do the same for me. For many customers, the fake reviews matter less than the way the business conducts itself in response to them.

Best of luck with getting these removed!

LocalSEODat

Thank you @Annika Neudecker that's sound advice! What I did in my replies were not angry just curious facts about their name and profiles. Left an email. And as the attacks became more frequent, starting numbering them. We have three left that we'll submit to Google next week. Hope it stops, it's been very distracting and stressful.

LocalSEODat

This is like Local Search Groundhog Day for me. 4 Fake Reviews this morning.

I sent DM to GMB Support and replied to all the reviews and flagged them as ad spam.

That's 16 fake reviews since Sat.Aug31st, it's only Sept26th.

Has anyone ever seen anything like this with a client before??

This is like Local Search Groundhog Day for me. 4 Fake Reviews this morning.

I sent DM to GMB Support and replied to all the reviews and flagged them as ad spam.

That's 16 fake reviews since Sat.Aug31st, it's only Sept26th.

Has anyone ever seen anything like this with a client before??
I have a customer who has had a vindictive competitor post over 400 fake reviews over a 9 month period!! While we are trying to pursue legal action it has taken a significant toll on his business.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...

Local Search Forum

Google Product Exert

@LocalSearchLink

Join Our Facebook Group