How has your experience been so far with Google's Redressal Complaint Form?

I have submitted a very simple and obvious correction and still haven't seen any change.

Report submitted on 2/28.

Name of the business:
Brother Garage Doors LLC - Reputable Garage Door Springs Repair | Replacement Avondale AZ

Should be a very easy review... but so far nothing.

I will update as the situation changes.

Tim Colling

Local Search Expert
Does it give you the same case ID (tracking number)? It should not. You may have to look in the to: area of gmail, the doropdown to see the new case ID
@BenFisher Indeed, it gives you a different case number for each form submission, although you may have to dig down to find it, as you described for gmail.

I have submitted a very simple and obvious correction and still haven't seen any change.

Report submitted on 2/28.

Name of the business:
Brother Garage Doors LLC - Reputable Garage Door Springs Repair | Replacement Avondale AZ

Should be a very easy review... but so far nothing.

I will update as the situation changes.
I checked the search results today to see if this has changed and the whole listing is gone. Don't know why, I don't think this is a fake business listing. It seems like it should have simply resulted in the name being corrected. Strange.

steviephil

I've seen complete removal of 3 listings I reported in early March, so 2-ish weeks ago. I was reporting 3 listings for name spam (so "Business Name Keyword Location" instead of just "Business Name") - and similar to Michael's comment above, I was thinking that it'd just get the actual names to 'stick' (I'd previously done the 'suggest an edit' route but found that the names would revert back to the spammy version just a day or two later). I'm blown away by the fact that I can't find the listings now. Must've been suspended.

Last edited:
I checked the search results today to see if this has changed and the whole listing is gone. Don't know why, I don't think this is a fake business listing. It seems like it should have simply resulted in the name being corrected. Strange.
I checked again today and the listing is back, spammy fake business name and all...
Brother Garage Doors LLC - Garage Door Springs Repair | Replacement Avondale AZ

Is there any reason to spend time reporting these to Google?

Tim Colling

Local Search Expert
Here's my own long-overdue follow-up report: yes, I have had good success with using the "Redressal" form now.

I still think that that "Redressal" name is very odd, but Google didn't ask me for my opinion.

Still, if you ask me, everyone is entitled to my opinion. 😉

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...

Local Search Forum

Google Product Exert

@LocalSearchLink

Join Our Facebook Group