More threads by Tim Colling

Tim Colling

Local Search Expert
LocalU Member
Solutions
Reaction score
Has anyone here submitted any reports with the new form AND received an outcome from the submission? If so, please tell us about it.

Not yet Tim.. I have a few that I left only in via the form. And no action thus far.

Thanks @BenFisher .

I just submitted my first one. I immediately received an acknowledgment email from Google with what appears to be a tracking number or case number, but that's all.

So far that is working as intended. Try submitting another one. Does it give you the same case ID (tracking number)? It should not. You may have to look in the to: area of gmail, the doropdown to see the new case ID>

I used it for the first time yesterday so we shall see 🙂

I have submitted a very simple and obvious correction and still haven't seen any change.

Report submitted on 2/28.

Name of the business:
Brother Garage Doors LLC - Reputable Garage Door Springs Repair | Replacement Avondale AZ

Should be a very easy review... but so far nothing.

I will update as the situation changes.

Does it give you the same case ID (tracking number)? It should not. You may have to look in the to: area of gmail, the doropdown to see the new case ID

@BenFisher Indeed, it gives you a different case number for each form submission, although you may have to dig down to find it, as you described for gmail.

I have submitted a very simple and obvious correction and still haven't seen any change.

Report submitted on 2/28.

Name of the business:
Brother Garage Doors LLC - Reputable Garage Door Springs Repair | Replacement Avondale AZ

Should be a very easy review... but so far nothing.

I will update as the situation changes.

I checked the search results today to see if this has changed and the whole listing is gone. Don't know why, I don't think this is a fake business listing. It seems like it should have simply resulted in the name being corrected. Strange.

Great question!

I have submitted ten so far. Of those, only one has been accepted and put into effect. The last time I checked was last Thursday.

All of mine have worked. It takes about 1.5 weeks.

Looking like the turn around is about 12 business days so far... anyone else experiencing the same thing?

PS. Looks like they fixed the subject line case ID issue (You are welcome :p )

Same, all of mine have worked as well. I include a ton of proof in my escalations though.
Also, I am experiencing the same time period.

I've seen complete removal of 3 listings I reported in early March, so 2-ish weeks ago. I was reporting 3 listings for name spam (so "Business Name Keyword Location" instead of just "Business Name") - and similar to Michael's comment above, I was thinking that it'd just get the actual names to 'stick' (I'd previously done the 'suggest an edit' route but found that the names would revert back to the spammy version just a day or two later). I'm blown away by the fact that I can't find the listings now. Must've been suspended.

Last edited:
I checked the search results today to see if this has changed and the whole listing is gone. Don't know why, I don't think this is a fake business listing. It seems like it should have simply resulted in the name being corrected. Strange.

I checked again today and the listing is back, spammy fake business name and all...
Brother Garage Doors LLC - Garage Door Springs Repair | Replacement Avondale AZ

Is there any reason to spend time reporting these to Google?

I would. Generally speaking, more suspensions make a listing more fragile and it can sometimes make it tougher to get it reinstated after multiple violations.

These guys are in my home area, so I have put them on my watch list :p

Here's my own long-overdue follow-up report: yes, I have had good success with using the "Redressal" form now.

I still think that that "Redressal" name is very odd, but Google didn't ask me for my opinion.

Still, if you ask me, everyone is entitled to my opinion. 😉

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom