This is new to me that we may need to take this step of claiming. Do you have recommended reading or summary for this step? Thanks.
Perfect, thank you!For the first time, Google is now letting individuals and organizations suggest edits to their own Knowledge Panels.www.searchenginejournal.com
Are there studies that after deprecation of the SameAs Social Profile markup, the schema still worked? I am in an understanding that this does not work anymore. And the best way (though it may take long) is to clearly link your profile from your website.
Good spot! Do you know when the deprecation happened? Seems I'm behind on the times hereAre there studies that after deprecation of the SameAs Social Profile markup, the schema still worked? I am in an understanding that this does not work anymore. And the best way (though it may take long) is to clearly link your profile from your website.
As for the Verification Process, has any able to edit your Social Profile from KP or GMB? I tried since the change above, but I can't seem to find where to edit them. Google said ELIGIBLE ENTITIES will be able to suggest social profiles - I wonder if this has not been implemented yet?
My understanding is to consistently use your GMB name as your social media account name. Also, if the site a verification process, make sure your account is verified.When people search for your business on Google, they may see links to your business’s social profiles included with your other business information in the knowledge panel in Search. Google gathers business information from a variety of sources and may include it to give customers a more detailed overview of your business.
Social profile information is automatically added to listings for eligible businesses. There are many factors that influence whether these links will appear in your listing, including:
- Consistency. Use the same name to represent your business in both your listing and your social profiles.
- Authenticity. If available, verify your profile using the social media site’s verification process. This helps Google determine that the social profile is managed by an owner or authorized representative of the business. Note that not all sites have verification processes available to all of their users.
My takeaway from this - I have to build EAT on each of my location's social media profile and hope for the best. I've experienced my KP's Social Icons appearing and disappearing. So I really still can't understand how they work.
- Link to your social profiles from your website. Make sure you have icons that link to your social media pages in the header and/or footer of your site.
- Gain a following. Google seems to list more social sites for companies that have larger follower counts. Establishing an audience on key social media accounts may cause Google to add those to your Google Maps/ Knowledge Panel more quickly.
- Be active on your social accounts. If you have social media profiles where you are not very active, Google may not see those as valuable to customers. Google seems to add accounts to your Knowledge Panel where you are regularly active.
- Build your brand. It is slow and steady work to build a strong brand, but Google usually has all the social links on larger brands, while smaller brands may only have a few social profiles. Keep working to grow your brand both online and offline.
|Thread starter||Similar threads||Forum||Replies||Date|
|S||Google just changed their rules for GMB posts: If you are a chain, you can now mass post to all your GMB locations using a GMB post scheduling tool||Google My Business & Google Maps||6|
|J||Business unverified without changes - SAB||Help & Support for Google Local||3|
|Restaurant Changes RE: COVID-19||Google New/Important Changes & Features||24|
|G||What's the best way for my business to handle a change of address?||Local Search||8|
|Business Name Change - How To Handle Their Google+ Local Page?||Google My Business & Google Maps||16|
|Google just changed their rules for GMB posts: If you are a chain, you can now mass post to all your GMB locations using a GMB post scheduling tool|
|Business unverified without changes - SAB|
|Restaurant Changes RE: COVID-19|
|What's the best way for my business to handle a change of address?|
|Business Name Change - How To Handle Their Google+ Local Page?|