More threads by valentinb13

Reaction score
Saw this tweet earlier:

1568908510426.png

So following up, here's our situation. We have a crime scene cleanup client has a physical location/HQ here in Florida. We have a verified GMB for the "HQ". He operates in multiple locations in different states. But they do not have physical locations. They are the definition of a "service area business" though. The workers either keep all their products/equipment at home or operate out of a storage unit. As Joy pointed out, a storage unit will never get verified (we know this). Additionally, when the client tried to get an office in different cities, those were either not-approved or approved then suspended. Only one of the suspensions have been lifted (I understand why they were suspended, don't agree with it, but nothing I can do there).

According to the original tweet though, we should be able to at least get on SAB GMB verified in any state client is operating in — how do we go about this, or any good advice/tips to get existing locations set up/verified?

If they operate in different states, do they have one point of contact that organizes things in that state? Ex: Is there a manager or central contact point that the business uses for that state?

If they operate in different states, do they have one point of contact that organizes things in that state? Ex: Is there a manager or central contact point that the business uses for that state?

There are managers who operate/maintain a territory — but any contacts go through a call service that is tracked/scheduled out from the main site.

Last edited:
So I would say they need to get agreements with the managers to use their address for the listings.

Whoa. If they'll allow this across states, why not neighboring cities/towns?

So I would say they need to get agreements with the managers to use their address for the listings.

But now relying on using a home address of an employee who may or may not stay with the company. Not sure the owner or employees would be agreeable to this but will discuss with them.

Apparently their main competitor uses large, commercial warehouses as staging sites for their equipment/material, etc...and that is how they're getting the GMBs.

So I would say they need to get agreements with the managers to use their address to verify the listings.

Is it recommended to have managers operating in another state use their residential address to set up and verify a listing, remove the address and set the appropriate service areas? - If the business structure is aligned with what @valentinb13 outlined in his initial post?

Niki,

I'd suggest checking in with the GMB support team before proceeding. I would make sure you also have agreements in place with the people who manage the business in other states so that you have official approval to use their home address on your website.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom