More threads by WineCountryCarpetCleaning

Reaction score
Hope I am posting this in the right place, if not admin can feel free to move it.

I was wondering if anyone has any tips on getting a listing on dexknows and citysearch, I remember being able to get them in the past but it seems recently their is not add business link available.

I have tried to get listed on acxiom and infousa, but that is a long process and I don't really know if dex and city actually scrape them anymore.

I suspect (but don't actually know for sure) that both of these companies have partnered with Yext and that is why the free listing option has disappeared.

I am open to any suggestions regarding these citations as they are pretty powerful, and I feel kind of stupid letting my business sit without them.

Read this post by our good friend, Phil, on how to get on CitySearch. Sorry I can't help with Dex:(

Travis Van Slooten

I Guess I actually stumbled across the post by travis a couple of weeks ago, I checked my email and it looks like I sent the email to citysearch on the 18th so i will just wait it out (I had actually completely forgotten, citations are mind numbing). I am sure it will eventually show up.

I actually called dexknows (figured since they bug me so much I can bug them) and I guess when you actually call you don't get a salesman, just an operator. He was really cool and he told me they are using a new provider for their free listings. The provider is Express Update - The first step for getting your business listed and found online. Looks easy to add a business, I will update when and if it goes through.

WineCountryCarpetCleaning, could you get your business listing added to CitySearch, finally?

I am curious because I could not after many attempts, and they also do not seem to respond the way they did earlier.

WineCountryCarpetCleaning, could you get your business listing added to CitySearch, finally?

I am curious because I could not after many attempts, and they also do not seem to respond the way they did earlier.
Just checked and no I did not. I finally got a call from infousa the other day so I assume I got in there or am on my way. IME if it is not an easy straightforward sign up it ends up being really slow.

DexKnows does everything in their power to hide a link to their free listings. But you can try this one: Dex One Marketing Consultation Request Information - Dex One Advertising

You will probably get an email saying that they received your request and someone will contact you shortly. Whatever, Dex.

CitySearch is worse. There is no link. You can go to https://signup.citygrid.com/cyb/find_business and see if your business is listed. If it is, you can claim it. If not, you have to email them. I'm still waiting for a reply from them, but I'm doubting that, too.

DexKnows does everything in their power to hide a link to their free listings. But you can try this one: Dex One Marketing Consultation Request Information - Dex One Advertising

You will probably get an email saying that they received your request and someone will contact you shortly. Whatever, Dex.
Checked it out, and that might work. I have pretty much given up on Dex for now, sucks because it is a powerful citation for a service business, but I just didn't feel like it was going to happen.... It used to be so simple...

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom