• Monday February 18, 2019
    Family Day in Canada and Presidents' Day in the US

Some forum members and Local Search Experts will be off today. It may take longer to receive answers to your questions.

How to Get New Clients - Local Search Consulting Q & A

BrightLocal has a new blog series going for Agencies and SEOs. Wanted to share the info with the members here.

The 1st one is a Q & A with Brian Childers, the CEO of Foxxr.

Agency Q&A: Winning New Customers ? Brian Childers | BrightLocal

This blog post is the first part of an insightful series of interviews we are conducting with successful & well regarded web designers, SEOs and agency owners.

(Below are the questions - Click through to read the answers.)

Qu: How do you identify potential new customers?

Qu: What tools do you use to help you identify potential customers?

Qu: Which 3 channels are most effective at generating new leads?

Qu: What research do you conduct about a potential client before you meet them?

I carry with me a laminated copy of the Local Search Ranking Factors and point out a few areas where they can improve.

Most folks take one look at that and realize that they need to hire a professional.

Qu: What reports/data/information do you present to a potential client in a first meeting?

Qu: What information/data makes potential customers sit up and take notice? (i.e. which part gets them ?hooked?!)

Qu: What?s the most common objection you get from business owners & how do you overcome this?

Qu: What actions do you take to follow up with a customer after that initial meeting?

Qu: How long does it typically take between pitching to a customer & them saying ?yes? to you?

Qu: What length of contract do you start with? (e.g. 3 months, 6 months, no contract?
I copied the questions and you have to click over to read the answers.

But I shared one answer in bold that I thought was pretty sharp!
Laminate the LSRF if you do in-person meetings! I like it!

How do YOU get new customers?

Any tips to share?

Great share.

I especially like the idea of presenting the local ranking factors sheet. It is definitely intimidating to those that don't know what they're looking at.

Local Search Forum

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe

Google Product Exert

@LocalSearchLink

Join Our Facebook Group