More threads by Linda Buquet

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
RobocallRobot.jpg

(Static image - click play on the video below)

Want to Mess with those Pesky Robocallers?

I don't know whether to say, "When I watched this video I laughed so hard I peed my pants!"
Or "I laughed so hard I spewed coffee all over my monitor" because I think I may have done both! :p

I seriously have not heard anything this funny in a long time. IT's THAT GOOD!

Kudos to Colan for finding it and Joy for sharing at our Pro Community yesterday.
The pros got a big kick out of it!

Hit Play - Sit Back and Enjoy!
It's an Automated ROBOT!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1DkF88BkpeE?rel=0&showinfo=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

Be sure to listen all the way through til you get to the part about the bee.
"You keep talking but I'm going to be quiet cuz this bee is freaking me out!"

OMG I am totally ROFLMAO! Thanks Colan and Joy!

Don't you Love it?

hotpot2.png

RobocallRobot.jpg

hotpot2.png

Hahahaha that was terrific.

I actually clicked the PICTURE of the video and wondered why it wouldn't play :eek: Perhaps more coffee is needed.

Whoops. My fault, should have put at note on that top static image. It was just so an image would show up when I post to G+. Will do it now.

On one of the G+ communities I saw someone post on how to do this.

Next time you get a robo-call about some credit card offer or a free cruise or someone telling you to update your listing on Google, do this:

• Dial 214-666-4321.
  • Merge the calls.
  • Press 1 or whatever to connect to a live person.
  • Then the Jolly Roger Telephone Co., a voice recording that will frustrate and confuse that telemarketer, will take over.

I just tried it on a call I got and almost died laughing. Best entertainment EVER.

Thats amazing, I'll have to bookmark that and try it next time.

For a more practical way of fighting back... I saw this page last September, not sure how heavily it's monitored or if anything comes of it, but I know Google's filed suit against a few companies doing this, so it might be a good way to add a few more pounds to the scale for whenever Google decides to go after the company that's calling you. It's Google's page to report illegal robocalls claiming to be Google:

https://support.google.com/business/contact/rbc_form?hl=en

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom