More threads by Tim Kahlert

Tim Kahlert

Solutions
Reaction score
Hi!

One of my competitors is on #1 in the 3-pack in one of my clients locations for the most valuable keyword while my client is still on #2. (searched from my clients location)

I have a well optimized and location based website for this location. GMB is updated. A lot of citations with consistent NAP´s exist for this location. 4,8 stars rating for almost 100 reviews. All reviews were answered. Q/A were answered too. Organic ranking is #1.

The problem here is, my competitor

1. doesn't have a website
2. has less than half the amount of reviews
3. has 3,3 stars rating
4. has just 1x360-image (poor quality, you don't see anything)
5. No answers in reviews
6. Just a few mentions and citations around the web

It´s been about 1,5 months now and I just climbed from 3 to 2. Do I miss something?

Thank you!
Tim

I would be interested in checking it out in more detail, but if you have not missed anything, then the only element here that is in play would be the amount of time the listing has been live. The competitor listing has been there for a while I am assuming.

[Also, check to see if your citations are actually indexed.]

Is the competitor's business name an exact match (or close) to the keyword you're searching?

Is the competitor well established and well known within the community? I've found that businesses who's brand is a household name, so to speak, rank extremely well in spite of their atrocious web presence. Somehow Google seems to be able to tell that they are the go to for everything in that community, even though their star rating on the GBL is only 3.5, and their website was built in 2000.

@Yan Gilbert Thank you for your answer. Yes, the time is probably the major factor here. Will check how many of the citations are live now. Thanks again!

@JoyHawkins It´s a "service near me" phrase. That would have make sense indeed if it was an exact match. It´s strange as I rank first for "service" but not for "service near me". To me it seems like Google perceives my competitor as a "very" local business.

@Cherie Dickey Thank you! I wouldn't say it´s THE brand as there are other businesses in the local area that are way more famous.

I will give it a bit more time. It´s just so strange how Google determines their rankings sometimes.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom