How to Set up a Google My Business Listing - Step by Step from Google

Linda Buquet

The Google Get your Business Online program came out with a nice simple handy guide for setting up a listing.

I know most here are consultants that already know this stuff. But if you have a church or friend or whatever that just wants to set up a listing on their own, this guide is short sweet and well done.

Step-by-step guide to putting your business on Google Search and Maps

Sorry was just notified Google removed that doc so that link is dead. I found a copy of it here:
http://rvtechsolutions.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Get-on-Google-Search-and-Maps2.pdf

joedillon68

Forum Member
Here in Chicago they're holding local events to teach business owners how to do this. I wonder what they big push it all about?!

Linda Buquet

Hi Joe, yes they are doing those nationwide.

Here is more info about it and will give you insight into why:

<a href="http://www.localsearchforum.com/google-local/29738-googles-massive-effort-help-30-000-cities-put-local-businesses-map.html">▶ Google's Massive Effort to Help 30,000 Cities Put Local Businesses On the Map</a>

Nice link. Thanks Linda :) Hope you're doing well. And, is it just me or is there something crazily ironic about Google pushing their product in 30,000 cities when only 3 business will get a chance to show up in the pack? :p

Last edited:

Linda Buquet

Nice link. Thanks Linda :) Hope you're doing well. And, is it just me or is there something crazily ironic about Google pushing their product in 30,000 cities when only 3 business will get a chance to show up in the pack? :p
Haha Miriam,

What's even more ironic is getting all these businesses to claim their listing when no consumer on earth will ever be able to even find much less see their G+ L page, since there are no links to it anymore.

BUT investing all the people and other resources into the GYBO program makes perfect sense if the end goal is pay-to-play. That's where this is all heading I feel certain.

Local Search Forum

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe

Google Product Exert

@LocalSearchLink

Join Our Facebook Group