More threads by AndySimpson

AndySimpson

Local Search Expert
LocalU Faculty
Reaction score
#### NOTE: As of November 2019 it appears the video feature from marketingkit.withgoogle.com has been removed, review videos are no longer an option - I shall update if the feature returns ###

Below is a quick and easy guide to show you how you can upload a fun 30 second video showing your business reviews from Google My Business. The video can then be uploaded to your GMB listing, Twitter or even Facebook.

Google launched recently a new website that gives you the opportunity to produce free stickers, posters, social posts and videos. You can find the site here:

marketingkit.withgoogle.com

To create your video just search for your business in the search box provided:

Find/select your business:

Once you have found and selected your business Google will create a selection of stickers, posters and other media for you to download, have mailed to you or post.

The video is located near the bottom of the page, below the stickers, posters and posts.

Called "Your business highlights", press the "Play" button to watch your created video.

Now the fun part, we need to get the video file.

Choose the "link" option.

Copy the link provided.

In a new tab/window go to the link below:

GetVideo.at/en/

Paste in the video link you got from Google and hit search

You should then get the following options:

Choose the 720 MP4 video file option. Download to your computer.

Once downloaded you can close the "Get Video" site tab/window.

[Part 2] shows you how to upload the video as a GMB post.

Any questions about the above process then please just comment below

Last edited:
Yeah, it's pretty dumb that they don't give you the option to simply Post it to GMB directly.

Anyone else having troubles to utilize GMBs from Canada? It seems like only US stores are supported, although there is a notice that the kit is available to Canada too: Monosnap

Thanks for the info! I'm curious, if you have a short name for a business, does it show up on the print versions of these materials? That seems like a logical addition to something like this and would make it infinitely more useful. None of our locations use short names yet so I can't test. If short names were on by default or could be added without violating the TOU, I would definitely consider giving these to some of our stores which struggle with reviews.

Have any of you used it for promoting a business? In the Netherlands it is not available. Yet, I hope.

I'm not seeing this option any longer, i.e., the Business Highlights (in the US). Does it still exist?!?

Hi Kathleen, you're right, it looks like marketingkit.withgoogle.com has removed the feature, how very annoying but well spotted and thank you for letting us know. I have edited my original post to warn the users that this may no longer exsist....but you never know they may bring it back.

Like a few things from Google...easy come, easy go, I hope you managed to create a few videos while we had it.

Yes, super annoying as it was a very nice feature. Thanks for sharing the info originally and, IF/when the video option comes back, I look forward to reading about it here :)

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom