More threads by Garrett Sussman

Reaction score
Today's Blog Post:

Hug Your (Online Review) Haters:
Tips From Jay Baer's Best Selling Book

1.jpg

Hug Your (Online Review) Haters: Tips From Jay Baer's Best Selling Book

"Hug Your Haters" will change the way your businesses approaches customer service.

Jay Baer has written one of the most important and useful books on customer service for our current age.

“Important” because Baer presents counter-intuitive insights that will transform the way brands and business owners think about the role of customer service in their success and their survival.

“Useful” because he distills these insights into axioms that brands and business owners can enact today to turn customer service into a bigger driver of business success than product quality or marketing dollars.

In this post, I’ll give you a quick take on the insights and axioms that make this book a must-read for anyone responsible for a brand or business.

Discussion Question:

How are your clients adding Social Media, Forum, and Online Review Site Customer Service to their business? Or are they?

How do you think Customer Service will change in the future with all of the new public facing channels becoming increasingly important to consumers?

If you found the blog post interesting, please share it with anyone that you think would find it valuable on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or your social media channel of choice!

Don't hesitate to reach out if you ever want to discuss reputation management and if you have any requests for topics that we can cover on the Grade.us blog.

Please follow Grade.us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn!

Thank you for taking the time to read our blog!

1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Garrett!

I've heard so much about this book! Either it's really really good word Jay is the master of PR - because it seems everyone's talking about it.

Can't wait to read your post Garrett, and I hope some people will weigh in.
You always ask such great questions to get the conversation going!

Thank you Linda! Jay is a very smart individual. He has a great and easy to consume writing style as well.

I hope you enjoy the post and find some useful info in there!

That's a great post Garrett, I might have to grab a copy of that myself. That's definitely something I talk with clients and friends about, and it's something I see fairly regularly in the GMB forum as well... how to respond to reviews, especially negative reviews. I haven't seen this as much with friends and clients, but on the GMB forum it's not unusual to see a business owner with a competitor or an upset ex employee leaving an angry message, and going off the handle on them publicly is a terrible way to endear new customers. This is a good article to cover that, I'll save this for posting when that comes up.

I hadn't seen that review checking tool at grade.us yet either, that's a useful tool. Good stuff.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom