More threads by rhowe

rhowe

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I work for a furniture company and we have a physical office building with a showroom. While we have a showroom, it is not meant to be a customer facing one: we only have a select amount of pieces in it and use it a lot for work collaboration and photoshoots. But, if a customer wants to look, we usually don't turn them down, they just wont see much.

My question is, we've created several "pop up" style ecommerce sites (that are separate business entities) that cater to different customer niches. Does it violate GMB guidelines? Technically we have a physical location albeit limited to what's called "customer facing". From what I'm reading in the guidelines it seems like it could be on the border or not allowed. In that case, our main business/office would be violating that as well.

Thanks for your help.

You are correct that the ecommerce listings would not be allowed in Google My Business.

Thanks for the reply, Joy. I was hoping that wasn't the case because they are brand new businesses that hardly have any information online about them. Back to the drawing board!

@JoyHawkins along these same lines I opened a garage door storefront with an e-commerce component but everything is local. No shipping. My GMB got suspended. It's a local business but we allow people to buy online and pick up or have it delivered. Very much like HomeDepot etc but when I requested a review they denied it.

Thoughts?

Hey Ryan,

I'd suggest sending Google a video of your location showing the storefront.

Hey Ryan,

I'd suggest sending Google a video of your location showing the storefront.

I requested a review again after being denied addressing the storefront issue but I didn't see anywhere to add a video. I did make the video though.

Upload it to Google Drive and reply to their email with it.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom