More threads by Christopher W

Reaction score
Hey Guys/Gals,

I have noticed my clients business showing up in the local pack for the city next to his location for certain keywords.

How is it possible I'm ranking local pack for the city next to my clients location?

What factors should I be looking at? What else would contribute to this happening?

This has been happening pre and post possum.

Anyone have any advice or input? I would really appreciate it.

Cheers,
Christopher

Last edited:
Hey Guys/Gals,

I have noticed my clients business showing up in the local pack for the city next to his location for certain terms.

The terms contain keywords (partial) that are placed in anchor text pointing to the location page on site.

How is it possible I'm ranking local pack for the city next to my clients location?

Internal linking? What other factors should I be looking at?

Seems like a good place to start but I'm not sure what else would contribute to this happening.

This has been happening pre and post possum.

Anyone have any advice or input? I would really appreciate it.

Cheers,
Christopher

Can you give us the client and the example?

Can you give us the client and the example?

About 3 weeks ago I made some on page changes. Switched a few keywords around and added some local signals to location page to test.

I was going to make a local city page but then thought why not make onpage keyword signals front heavy since the name pueblo is in there anyway. Keyword + Pueblo West. See if I can't get the organic to budge.

According to webmaster tools I'm seeing some keyword movements organically and several different variations of near me starting showing up.

Not really sure what's happening local pack. My guess is the town is small and it has the name of the town. Pueblo, Pueblo West. I'm know there are many variables involved here.

Is this where Google thinks it has what the user is looking for vs dispensaries closer to user search? Regardless of address location?

Fun stuff.

Cheers,
Christopher

Last edited:
It looks like Google may be more lax because "Pueblo" and "Pueblo West" share "Pueblo". If you look at the search results in the Local Finder, I see 2 other companies from Pueblo West below you but above other Pueblo companies.

Why are you ranking so high though? Pueblo is in your name, so I would imagine that is a major factor.

It looks like Google may be more lax because "Pueblo" and "Pueblo West" share "Pueblo". If you look at the search results in the Local Finder, I see 2 other companies from Pueblo West below you but above other Pueblo companies.

Why are you ranking so high though? Pueblo is in your name, so I would imagine that is a major factor.

Makes sense.

Could be interesting to see what happens if it is removed from name.

Ty sir for your input.

Last edited:
Makes sense. I was concerned with pueblo west being in the name since they don't have it in business name or signage.

Could be interesting to see what happens if it is removed from name.

Ty sir for your input.

I'd be interested in what happens as well. Let us know what does happen if you end up doing it.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom