More threads by AdamB

AdamB

Reaction score
So I have been battling a spam listing located at our address that keeps coming back. I've had it removed by Google about 4 times, in the last month, and it's back again. The problem is that it's ranking well on local search and using the same property address where we are actually located. I used the Business Redressal Complaint Form and was able to get it removed the first time. After that initial time, this hasn't worked again though. I used GMB help the other times to get it taken down. Now none of these seem to work anymore. I have an abundance of proof.

I have photos of the address / suite # showing that it's a deli. I have a video walking in and through said deli. I have this company's registration with the State of Florida showing their actual principal address (a residential address). This is an internet based company who uses local listings to steal leads and then gets paid for the referrals to other companies. What do I do remove their listing permanently?

This only worked the first time that I reported it. Hasn't worked since.

could be your submission format, feel free to PM it to me.

Are you tracking the maps CID number of the listing? It sounds like they might be creating new listings each time instead of actually getting reinstated. Considering how backed-up GMB support is I would be impressed if they managed to get reinstated four times in a month.

I am not tracking the CID number, but the listing is holding onto all their reviews and photos and such. I'm not sure how they are bringing it back up, but when it first comes back up, it shows the ability to claim the listing. That disappears within a day.

So I wanted to update this. Still no results. Apparently, this really old photo, of a temporary sign they stuck in the window, is keeping their listing active. The photo is years old, the deli here has been completely remodeled and doesn't even look like this anymore. I have submitted current photos and videos to no avail. I've attached a pdf of my complaint as well as the old photo and current photo.

oldphoto.jpg

IMG_1759.JPG

Attachments

• Miami Boat Charters.pdf
    167.1 KB · Views: 497
Make sure when you use the redressal form that you attach the current photo without the signage. Create a Google drive with the images and all of your notes and various case ids so the team can properly evaluate the listing. I have had the same, I have had to report the same listing(s) several times. A lot of the reported listings don’t come back, it’s a small percentage that keep coming back.

I've submitted spam reports for businesses like eg: "BEST SEO IN CANADA INC" that are running from a fake address (actually a fancy restaurant) where I've included a photo of the Restaurant manager's business card being held up in front of the clearly visible address and had the spam reports "Not applied" countless times.

I've submitted photos of PO Box UPS Stores with address visible where the business "AAA SEO VANCOUVER LLP - #1 PROVIDER 💯% GUARANTEED" supposedly is located and had the spam reports "Not applied" countless times.

Photos proof means very little sadly. (In my experience.)

Suggest an edit is an utter waste of time. Edits for unverified listings get approved 3/4th of the time. Verified listings, get denied. Use the Redressal form to report them directly to Google. They will look at the listing and all evidence that you supply to them. I am hearing that there is a 3 to 4-week backlog for the redressal form at the moment. It could be a result of the backlog with suspended listings.

I always kind of assumed the "suggest an edit" function and the redressal form ended up in the same queue somewhere except that the "suggest an edit" function had the option for community verifications as well.

I gave up on "Suggest an edit" long ago. Ridiculous outcomes.

The redressal form goes directly to the spam team. Suggest an edit is kinda worthless.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom