More threads by Amy Toman

Amy Toman

Reaction score
I have an SAB client's GMB that displays "Request a Quote," and when you click on that, in "Services," the dropdown shows services she does not provide. The services are not mentioned on her website, so I don't suspect they were scraped. Same with her categories: these services (training, daycare, grooming) are not mentioned, so I doubt they're entities connected with those either.

Where do these fields come from? How can they be adjusted (short of contacting GMB)?

Edit: Tom Waddington just said on Twitter the fields may be related to LSAs, but my response is that she doesn't participate in LSA, and even if so, she'd like to remove them because she doesn't want to disappoint potential clients.

The listing is here: My Pets Nanny Deb Joliet

LSF 1.png

I use LSA but only for 2 services.

In GMB under the Services tab I have only a few very specific services checked off as well.

Yet when I search for my company and go to Request a Quote, the drop down offers a lot of services that I have not selected. They are the same services that are offered in both LSA and GMB Service tab, but I clearly have not selected them.

I don't like this at all.

Thanks for your response. Yes, that's the gist I'm getting: that it's tied to LSAs and that the fields can't be edited. So frustrating, because small businesses will be misrepresented, and have to spend the time to explain things to potential clients. A time suck for them, to be sure.

Good question, I'm not sure where they get the list. Presumably it should be from the Services tab you list in the GMB dashboard, but I currently don't see that accurately reflected for one of my clients.

You can always disable the Request a Quote button by disabling messaging.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom